Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Mot time! seat belt?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 19:51    Post subject: Mot time! seat belt? Reply with quote

That time of year again for my 94 3.1.
The rear seat belt has been chewed by my collie pup, will a one fit off a mk1 trooper?

I dont know of any mk2's breaking up here, they all seem to be on the road but a friend has a scrap mk 1.

Is a broken spring a mot failure? the top of one of the rear spring's has broken off, has not affected handling or ride the only reason i noticed it had gone is when i herd it go one frosty morning.
04, 3.0 citation
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 19:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about the seat belt but a broken coil is a fail, i would check the shockers to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to correct section
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which seat belt? you don't actually have to have a full set of belts for an mot by minimum standards!!! you can even just unbolt the rear seat it relates to and take it out, if no seat there why would you test the belt!!!!  Wink and yes the spring a fail.
Regards a friendly mot tester  Wink
AD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rear passenger side, hardly ever use the rear seat it's folded down 99% of the time as i use the troop for work carrying tool's & a mobile welder around.

But occasionally i have a rear passenger, on larger jobs where i need extra staff, so i think it's worth putting that seat belt in place.
04, 3.0 citation
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it'd fit, the MK1 seatbelts are pretty short, I had to swap em over to some salvaged units to fit a child seat in my MK1 so I think they'd be to short in a newer troop.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Greenlaner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got these short inertia reel seat belts fitted in the back of my mk1 but they are too short to go around anyone Embarassed  Embarassed
So where can I get some more that will fit?

Cheers

Keith
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys will reweb your belts to add more length.  I had a quote from them and it was quite reasonable, something like thirty quid a belt.  http://quickfitsbs.com/cms_page.aspx?id=5

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

for mot minimum standards don't have to have that belt. or it's 4 bolts rear seat out for the test (belt doesn't need testing if no seat) get it through mot refit seat and sort your belt out!!
Greenlaner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers I will have a look at lengthening the belts as the kids sometimes come in the Troop with me and they cannot get the belts around them!
Or I may see if theres any in a scrapyard
AD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
for mot minimum standards don't have to have that belt. or it's 4 bolts rear seat out for the test (belt doesn't need testing if no seat) get it through mot refit seat and sort your belt out!!

Will do that thanks!

Only ever 2 passengers, he can sit on other side, or will swap seat belts round as it's handy to leave drivers side of rear seat folded down for tools.

Take it they will swap round?

Typical, when you need somthing it's just not there (apart from new) will come across one, 1day!

Thanks for your help
adam
04, 3.0 citation
K.Goodwin
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
Which seat belt? you don't actually have to have a full set of belts for an mot by minimum standards!!! you can even just unbolt the rear seat it relates to and take it out, if no seat there why would you test the belt!!!!  Wink and yes the spring a fail.
Regards a friendly mot tester  Wink

Mine passes the mot every year with no rear seatbelts. i took them out along with the seats when i first got it cause i was after a commercial at the time.
never put em back in, passes no bother.

Twister wrote:
Always thought Troopers look their best in white

LTM 022
AD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unexpected "lift"  Shocked  Very Happy

Took my 94 3.1 to garage for new spring's then MOT, i told the mecanic if he could find some heavy duty springs for reasonable money to fit them as i carry tools, 200l fuel bowser, tow lot's and to help the handling............He did Shocked

Its sitting at least 2" higher than normal and looked like a door wedge, i promptly took her home and lifted the front end. Very Happy

As for the seat belt, the MOT'er told me if they were fitted when new they should be working, so i temporarly reparied the old one (only for the MOT, now disconnected) as it was snapped/chewed near the lower mount so i reattached it and put a couple of 4mm bolts through as it will never be used.

It sailed through MOT Very Happy MOTer said greaseing up the brake pipes when i bought her (8yrs ago) has saved me costly brake pipe repairs as they are as good as the day i bought her and wil probably last the lifetime of the troop Very Happy  (tip for someone Wink )
04, 3.0 citation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: