All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

remote control key fobby jobby !!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roastbeef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 15:02    Post subject: remote control key fobby jobby !!! Reply with quote

Hi Folks.

Remote key fob. Isuzu Trooper 3.5 petrol 1988 (new shape).
One fine day my key fobby jobby just quit !. New battery, little green & red light on fob work but no action at the car end !.
I can lock/unlock the car and start it no problems with the key.
Just wondering if any of you guys may have an idea.
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 15:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

roastbeef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry !! that should read 1998 NOT 1988 !!!
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a sequence of actions you need to do to get it to work with your car again but buggered if I can remember - do a search on here and you should find it
C.B.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The detailed answer is in this large document (Isuzu Workshop Manual) available here:

http://pdftownDOTcom/Isuzu-Trooper-Workshop-ManualDOThtml

Excuse the DOT but as an "newbie" I'm not allowed to post web links and all.

Hope this helps.
Twister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that the other day in Halfords car park. Quite simply, unlock the car with the key, turn ignition on, press button on fob, and hey presto !
Well, it worked for me anyway  Wink

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
C.B.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimBanham wrote:
there is a sequence of actions you need to do to get it to work with your car again but buggered if I can remember - do a search on here and you should find it

If the Central Locking System cannot be unlocked with the remote control, this may be due to the following reasons:
 The battery voltage of the remote control unit is too low. Change the battery in the remote control unit.
 The remote control unit has been operated many times in succession outside the vehicle's reception range (e.g. at too great a distance from the vehicle). Reprogram the remote control; see programming remote control.
 Interference from high-power radio waves from other sources.

>>>>>>>

Replacing the battery in the remote control unit
 Replace the battery as soon as the range of the remote control start to become reduced. Open the underside of the remote control unit by removing the battery cover  // SNIP // The battery change must be performed within 3 minutes otherwise the remote control will have to be reprogrammed.

>>>>>>>

Reprogramming Remote Control
In the event of a malfunction, programme the remote control:
 Switch on ignition, system will then remain in programming mode for 30 seconds.
 Briefly press the button on the remote control unit (this must be carried out inside the vehicle).
 The central locking system locks and unlocks to show that the remote control unit has been programmed.

BTW the battery is CR2032, 3 Volt Lithium.

Sorted Very Happy
roastbeef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 18:06    Post subject: THANKYOU MR/MRS TWISTER!!!!!! Reply with quote

Mr/Mrs Twister. Thankyou. Pure bloody genius !!!!!!!!!.

I just did as Twister suggested and VOILA!! all is normal once more. Absolutely bloody brilliant !. I owe you a good drink.
Thanks again.
g174wcr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Just had the same problem. Left Trooper locked all day, pressed the remote - nothing!!.Next day I changed the batteries in both remotes and again - nothing!!
Followed the advice on the forum and reprogrammed (turn on ignition, press lock button, and system locks and unlocks itself) you have to go through this process for each remote that you have. Anyway, everything is now working.
I have to say that the information presented on the ITOC forum is spot on. I recently had a problem with my ORPS which was rectified using the info on the forum. Info which, I might add seems to be non existant from the ISUZU dealers. Maybe it's because they don't deal in 'older` Troops and therefore don't have the experience. Thanks again to all you guys(and girls) who are willing to share your experience and knowledge on this site.
montifub

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mr Twister says, turn on igition without starting and press buttons on fob in turn. worked for me Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread but I just used it to good effect after replacing the battery in my wife's remote ( Laughing if only) so figured I should thank the posters as it worked perfectly Smile
gordythegeordie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this sequence work with a new remote from dealer rather than get dealer to reprogram for me at great expense ??
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will yes although the above doesn't work for all troopers, some have to be done on tech2 but it's worth a try.

following on from the first post mine was playing up and even though the above did work for a day it would stop working again the next, so split the fob apart and right in the centre was a dry solder joint, checked my spare which had the same problem and that was the same. quick touch of the solder iron and both fobs work again and i don't need to press the buttons as hard either! this was followed up by a visit to that auction site and i purchased a repair kit that includes new switches, the rubber buttons, and a battery all for under £7.00
replaced the buttons and both fobs are as good as new and are remembering the code, so if it goes again it might be worth checking the joint right in the middle of the circuit board.
gordythegeordie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response will give it a try and let you know
wilbyhilbly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:38    Post subject: Key Fob Reply with quote

I just bought my 2002 trooper this week and had this problem, tried the reset as described and it worked, which was brilliant, but, for some reason it only lasts just over an hour then it stops working again until I go through the reset procedure once more, then its ok for another hour!

I put a new battery in before I found this thread, so the battery's ok. Any ideas please.
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two posts above yours
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: