2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Odometer Puzzle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clive

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 17:56    Post subject: Odometer Puzzle Reply with quote

Hi

Can anyone help, I talking about an Isuzu Trooper 3.0L not that I think that makes any difference.

The problem I’m having is when pressing the reset button to zero the odometer it doesn’t want to reset, well not without pressing the button umpteen times.
Also, when I have managed to eventually zero both trip I and trip 2, if I then go for a drive both trip 1 and trip 2 are recording the mileage instead of whichever one its set to record on.

Another peculiar thing is as said, they are both recording and the recorded mileage is different on each of them instead of one of them remaining on zero.

Does anyone have any ideas on what going on and how I can fix it?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 17:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

C.B.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I think that's probably just a dirty connection point on the switch, it's probably an action that most folk's don't use a lot so will build up some oxidisation on the contact points.  Other than pulling the dash and getting in there to clean or squirt some contact cleaner there's not a lot could fix that, perhaps making repeated use of the button for a week or so might help but depends on the materials used to make the contacts.

On them both recording, that's because you reset both to zero at the same time, they will both increment from that point. If you reset trip 2 to zero now it will start all over, but trip 1 will continue from where it had reached before you reset trip2 back to zero.

Smile
Clive

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi C.B

Thanks for your reply, I haven’t attempted to do anything about the issue yet as the car is kept outside and its too darn cold at the moment, plus if the weather goes really bad I’d need the car on the road.

As you said its very much looking like a dash out job.
I could be wrong but I’m almost sure I was able to zero both trip 1 and trip 2 and whichever one was on display, was the one which did the recording.
In other words, if trip 1 was on display showing the recorded mileage and then I switched it to trip 2 that would still be showing zero, although I can’t remember for sure.

Having said that I have managed to set both trips to zero go for a drive and one shows a different mileage to the other, if both are recording and running from zero shouldn’t they both show the same distance covered, just my layman terms of thinking Question
I think I may do a further check and see how they compare with accumulative mileage recorder.

If one of the trips has stopped working it won’t be the end of the world as I’ve never owned a car with 3 mileage recorders, just the accumulative and a trip.
At the end of the day, it would be nice to zero one of them without having to keep jabbing at the button.

Clearly there is an issue with the button or whatever it presses against.
If its anything more than that I’ll be lost as I’m not really into electronics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: