2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Oil and Fuel Filter Cross for Canadian Owners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 19:43    Post subject: Oil and Fuel Filter Cross for Canadian Owners Reply with quote

I have got oil and fuel filter cross references for filters we can get in Canada.

They are
Oil - Luberfiner LFP 5969
      Fleetguard LF 3851

Fuel - FF 5160
        FP 941F

Hope this helps
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 19:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dupa102

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about air filter?are this numbers for 4jg2 engine?thanx
dubber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are for the 4jg2 engine.

I haven't been able to cross the air filer yet.  Let me know if you do.
jakar12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys... Kamloops Bighorn here. Just bought my 92 last month. I'm still figuring out all the part shopping bliss. Lordco actually told me it was no problem to get parts for the bighorn when i was deciding on the purchase. Thankfully I love it, and as of yet have not been deterred by the lack of north american parts. So i tried to follow your leads, thanks, but nappa was only able to cross match the LFP 5969 and come up with a Dondaldson K52043. The unfortunately it is out of Oregon, and $20.56 per filter. At this point it's looking much cheaper to buy 10 from milners and with shipping they work out to about $16.80 Cad each. Have you guys found a cheaper source?
Also, nappa was able to source the FF5160 fuel filter. I got quoted $64.49, and they have it in stock. I found it online at cfpfilters out of the states for $33.35 yank dollars. God only knows how much the shipping will be, but I'd assume it would be cheaper to ship it from the south pole. Again, milners looks like the cheapest option at $5.76 Cad before shipping. Thanks guys, hope
greenwolverine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 19:05    Post subject: Filters Reply with quote

Hi
Langley Bighorn Here
I have had my 92 now for 6 years and generally find all the stuff I need
Let me know if you are making headway

fuel filter -- Napa Gold 3128

Oil I have used Napa 1809, Wix 51809 and the Luberfiner LFP 5969

Looking at rebuilding my calipers -- bought a kit for each from the UK
jakar12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. Shame I had already ordered from Milners by the time I read your response. Just wondering how your Calipers turned out?  I'm thinking it might be on my to do list as I get some nasty brake fade from time to time. That and I'm shopping for some new shocks. Cheers.
James
mikevelarde

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can source Baldwin filter there in Canada .
im using BD 7160 ( black color) dual flow oil filter (made in Japan)
and BF 7648 (red color) fuel fiter (made in USA)
for my 4jg2 trooper here in the Philippine.
greenwolverine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 13:25    Post subject: bighorn brakes Reply with quote

jakar12 wrote:
Thanks for the tip. Shame I had already ordered from Milners by the time I read your response. Just wondering how your Calipers turned out?  I'm thinking it might be on my to do list as I get some nasty brake fade from time to time. That and I'm shopping for some new shocks. Cheers.
James

It was a successful job, and very simple, esp for a newbie like me who knew nothing about brakes to start with.
I bought 4 Meyle Rotors in the US plus ceramic pads.
Also braided lines, and with the rebuild kits plus grease and fluids the total came to about $600
Rebuilt three calipers and so far so good.

I have a little vacuum pump and a home made reservoir for bleeding which works great. The new bleeder screws I bought needed a 7mm wrench.

About the fade-- You might want to check your vacuum hose from the back of the alt for any damage
Cheers
jakar12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 14:03    Post subject: Shocks Reply with quote

Hey guys. Hope you all enjoyed the summer! I know it's an oil topic i'm on, but seeing how we're all from Canada, I am wondering if you guys have any info on shocks? I'm running the originals, and they aren't doing a whole lot at this point. Everyone on the site seems to love monroes, I was going to go bilsteins, but for twice the price...I'm thinking it's not worth it. Should we start a Canadian Thread?
greenwolverine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 16:08    Post subject: oil filters and Canadian miscellanea Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Sorry I have been inactive
Lots of work and too little Isuzu time. My major mission was to rebuild the front end of my 79 W123 Merc.

I don't know if anyone added a Fram number to the oil filters: I have just fitted a PH8933 which appears to be identical to the NAPA 1809 Wix 51809

I also think I am due for rear shocks -- we tend to get the axle hitting the frame when loaded up. I aslo need to replace all four rubber dampers.

Any advice on fitting rear shocks (e.g. are they of the compressed type)?

Lots of other questions: I have to get into the rear of my oil pan and am contemplating removing the centre cross-member. Any idea if that is a no-no?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: