2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

trooper will start after 10to15 cranks????????

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aberdeenfc63

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 19:48    Post subject: trooper will start after 10to15 cranks???????? Reply with quote

have phoned garage and all recal work done,ceramic heater,injectors,sump strainer.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 19:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which engine do you have?
DYLAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoted off another post
aberdeenfc63 wrote:

MY TROOPER IS THE CITATION 3.0TD LWB IT HAS 46000 MILES ON THE CLOCK AND YEAR IS A 2000

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
K.Goodwin
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

they do tend to turn over more than the 3.1 because they need oil pressure before they'll fire.
I don't know what the average amount is though...

Twister wrote:
Always thought Troopers look their best in white

LTM 022
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine usually fires up in about 3 seconds

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
aberdeenfc63

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

will try and change fuel filter and see what happens,can anyone tell me whare i can get a new primer as mabe the dyaphram in it might be broken and letting in air.
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3.0 uses ultra-high pressure engine oil to power the injectors and this pressure needs to be built up before the engine can fire up. It does take a few seconds although I've never attempted to count the revolutions. When you say "10 or 15 cranks" I assume you mean 10-15 revolutions - or do you mean 10-15 "goes"? If it's the latter, perhaps you're just not winding it over for long enough to get the pressure up? If it's 10-15 revolutions then I'd say that's really good because that would only take a second or two. I'd agree with Rallymarshall - about 3 to 5 seconds would be quite normal from cold. If you do have an abnormally long start-up time I'd be surprised if it was an air leak causing a problem but it is imperative that the oil is 5W30 and absolutely no other grade and it might be worth changing the second oil filter which serves the high pressure part of the system.
aberdeenfc63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you when i get home i will change the oil and fillters,i have only had my trooper for three days,and i love it it will tow my 24ft caravan no problem,i work in baku azerbaijan off shore,
the problem i have is i have never owned a 4x4 before and never had a diesel,so i dont know what to expect,i own a audi a4 petrol,and the trooper is a second car for my plesure and to tow my caravan,keeps me away from the wife,ha ha
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok if you have never owned a diesel before then are you waiting for the glow plug light to go off?

If not that will cause starting problems
aberdeenfc63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i go to start my trooper in the morning it will start and run ok,before it will start i have to turn the engine over for 10-15 turns then it will start,the glow plug light will come on for 0.5 of a second on looking at the owners manual this appers to be the case.( when i turn the ignition on prior to start).
when i have it up and running ,and mabe go to the shops,i switch the engine off go in to the shops mabe for 1/2 a hour,i come back out and try and start my trooper,it takes about 5-8 turns of the engine then starts.help
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not clear what you are saying.......... When you are talking about 5-8 "turns" what do you mean exactly?

When you go to start up from cold you should wait for the glow plug light to go out and THEN start cranking. It sounds to me as if you are saying you start cranking straight away?

If you leave it for ½ hour when hot it still has to build the high pressure oil system up to full pressure before it will fire up and this might take a second or two. That would be quite normal.
Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

My glow plug light comes on for a few seconds before it goes out, longer on a cold morning and it takes about 3 seconds or so before it actually starts after turning the key, when I first got it I was concerned like you that something was wrong but it seems its just the norm for the 3.0 and ive just got used to it now.
aberdeenfc63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i put the key in the ignition turn it till the glow plug light comes on,i whate till it goes out about 0.5 of a second i think this is correct,i then try to start it,it feels like there is a lack of fuel.?????????????
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half a second when dead cold doesn't sound very long for the glowplugs. I guess there could be a fault there. If you then turn the key into the Start position and just leave it cranking how many seconds does it take to start up? (I still don't understand what you mean by "turns")
aberdeenfc63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i mean is i starting the engine.(turn) in the manual it tells me that the light for the glow plugs stays on for 0.5 or 1 second and the actual glow plugs stay active for 30 seconds after.i am only going by the book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: