All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SERVICE ADVICE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecraig

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:58    Post subject: SERVICE ADVICE Reply with quote

Hi guys, time to do my service......
Have got my oil, air and fuel filters, got the oil.... just wandering...... is there a pollen/dust filter anywhere as i do have air con?
Also anythin I should be prepaired for? little things to do to make access easy etc. Am a capable tech but never touched one of these before...

p.s. also ordered a spare fuel filter so can start on the bio, am thinking SVO up to 50/50 for now? or should i build up to that gradually?

cheers Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

shrekky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 13:43    Post subject: Re: SERVICE ADVICE Reply with quote

thecraig wrote:
p.s. also ordered a spare fuel filter so can start on the bio, am thinking SVO up to 50/50 for now? or should i build up to that gradually?

cheers Laughing

50/50 will be fine.................if its the first time of using SVO be preapared to change fuel filter pretty quickly,1000-1500 miles ,even though you're servicing it now,as SVO will drag all the *beep* out of your tank.........................apart from that it'll be fine Smile
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

my trucks due a service but checked on milners site and they're out of stock of the filter kit for mine any pther good places (cheap) to get them my mate works in motoer tade and he's quoted me £10 for oil filter £7 for secondary oil filter and £8 for air filter all plus vat  Sad  Sad
DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milners shouldn't be long getting them back in and they are a tenner for all 3.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers dylan will b a couple of wks till my next week end off so they'll hopefully have them back in by then as i cant find anyone to beet their price
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

parts came wasn't happy as fed ex left them in my yard which is'nt enclosed apart fron 3ft wall coz i was at work so anybody could hav been off with parcel which was quite large...anyway top end fiters no prob to replace apart from did hav trouble restarting after fitting new fuel pump i did prime it but still took some turning over before it fired up
left oil filters as was doing this at home on drive which is gravely (if thats the correct term  Smile )so not to easy on my ageing back and a;so had a 2 yr old running round wanting to play ..bless her.. so will be taking it to my mates garage and use his ramps but filters do look a bit of a swine to get to any usefull tips on this part of service   Question  Idea
dxmedia

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of foot length of cardboard folded in the middle to act as a trough for the oil to run down (tip from Grandad Wink ) then oil filter is at 45 degrees and will spill oil everywhere so the cardboard will direct it into a bowl.

You'll see what I mean when you get under and have a look where the oil is and how it's going to run everywhere Very Happy

01553 845 945
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: