2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0TD Bleeding fuel sytem after filling with petrol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonty210554

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 18:59    Post subject: 3.0TD Bleeding fuel sytem after filling with petrol Reply with quote

I have a 1999 3.0td duty which I recently loaned to a friend who kindly put a few gallon of petrol in it! It ran okay then cut out until it would no longer start. I have drained the tank replaced  the filter(filled with fuel) and bled the system using the manual pump. Whilst it trys to start wont run. Can you help?

Do I need to bleed all the injectors? Or is there a single bleed screw? Will I have damaged other parts?

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 18:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how much petrol to diesel he put in as a small amount should be OK in a tankfull of diesel, the handbook for my 2.8 even gave you a table telling you how much to put in dependant on how cold it was.  The 3.0 may be more sensitive though.

Give us a wave if you see a red lwb with yellow diamonds in the front and back windows as I also live in the valley.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its common rail so you cant bleed the injectors, my bet would be the ecu has got confused.
Theres a few chaps here that know the 3.0 inside out, i'm sure they will be along shortly  Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
Its common rail so you cant bleed the injectors, my bet would be the ecu has got confused.
Theres a few chaps here that know the 3.0 inside out, i'm sure they will be along shortly  Smile

Thanks for that..

After reading some previous quotes decided to check the oil level which was judt down from max. So added about 2 litres and it started. I realise now how important the oil is so will change filters and oil to be on the safe side.

Thanks
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh ... sounds like you may need a new oil strainer in the sump - quite common on the 3.0
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

as chris says if you put 2 litres in over the max mark and it ran then the strainer or seal in the sump has a problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: