2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

any info or advice 50/50 veg oil/diesel??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
da G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 16:21    Post subject: any info or advice 50/50 veg oil/diesel?? Reply with quote

thinking ov trying veg oil but  dont no if its possible i have a 1993  3.1 td bighorn irmacher.   iv  heard 50/50 veg oil / diesel is  ok ??? any  HELP. cheers...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 16:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running on 50/50 at the moment on a 3.1 with no probs, carry a spare fuel filter though - you'll need to change after a couple of thosand due to the veg oil washing the tank out.

01553 845 945
da G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

THATS WHAT I WANTED TO HERE  cheers mate   Smile  Smile
whisky_uk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running 50/50 in my '93 3.1td Bighorn since I bought it last October. Runs well, but I change the oil filter every 5000Km and carried a spare fuel filter in the back for 10,000Km until I finally changed it a few weeks ago - didn't need to though as it still looked clean inside.

BUT, with the price of SVO going through the roof I'm wondering how long it will be before SVO is the same price or more expensive than diesel?
da G

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy  Very Happy  svo will do for me   (well untill it costs more than deisel !!!) just  wondering  mate does it feel  smoother running with  svo mix ??  my mate has  a transit van  he s been running it 75%svo for  while and he  says it sounds quieter and smoother ??and he looses a bit  top end .i no its  a different motor but  could you tell me how yours feels  . ill be stickin  with 50/50 though !  start using  next refill i thinks  cheers guys...
whisky_uk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually use 50% supermarket diesel (Tesco/Morrisons) and the cheapers rapeseed I can get. To be honest, I really can't feel any difference. MPG and accelleration (ha ha if these ever really accellerate) seems the same. I treated it to a full tank of Shell V-power and a good dose of Red-X the other week to see what difference it made - about 0.5mpg more, so I'm not sure I'm going to bother again unless that's all I can get.
da G

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy cheers mate very helpfull info ill be doin the same now!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: