All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HHO

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wv6z

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:33    Post subject: HHO Reply with quote

Has anyone considered using HHO to improve mileage? Any luck? Results?  scratch
HF VHF/UHF Amateur Radio
XM Satellite Radio

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

No........ I'm still trying to think what HHO might be............
DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's to do with the "run your car on water" type ad's

Changing H20 into HHO

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electrolisis is increadably inefficent, so doing it in the car will have a very negative impact. Also Hydrogen is very difficult to store due to the tiny size of the mollecule, having it pumped is an environmental catastrophy due to the above reasons.

I've read recently that they recon these huge fuel savings, using about a gallon of water a month??  i smell bull.

01553 845 945
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Gotcha! Bit early for me, yet, this time of day.........

This is the deal whereby you electrolyse water and then burn the result......?  Did it occur to anybody that you'll not quite get back the amount of power you had to put into the process in the first place?? Otherwise, they've inveted perpetual motion! All power stations would simply sit by a river and split the water and put it back together again........!?

How about running a big alternator off the engine, charge up a battery, run electric motors? Oh, right! - that's a Prius!! LOL!!
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the Prius with a worse carbon footprint than a humer.   lol.

01553 845 945
wv6z

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

In light of the fact that everyone seems to be quite clueless about the use of HHO, it's environmental impacts as well as the perception that one manufacturers hydrogen and stores it (a la LZ 129 Hindenburg  *** INSERT LARGE EFFING EXPLOSION SOUND HERE*** Shocked ). I will try to keep you posted as to my efforts, progress or lack there of. Just for the heck of it, I will throw out a few stats based upon initial engineering design for my planned generator, as well as a few photos in the weeks to come.

5 to 7 liters per minute based upon 13.8 VDC @ 20 amps max (limited) current draw is my current goal. Hey, at my almost brilliantly efficient 18 MPG, if I can squeeze another 2 to 5 MPG out of her for less than 25 quid and a couple of weekends spare time investment, what the heck, right? Do a wee dram of research lads. It may be fun to have a little competition to see who can come up with the most efficient alternative fuel sources. As you bio diesel users are heavily taxed for your efforts in many places, I figure I will go the H2O route until they start taxing it, or, until one of you guys comes up with a better idea.

I understand the horrific environmental impact may concern some of you though, but, I promise to try to reduce my emissions of H2O through the use of HHO in me old Trooper...... you guys crack me up!  Laughing  Trust me on this....... Google is your friend.
HF VHF/UHF Amateur Radio
XM Satellite Radio

dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

wv6z wrote:
In light of the fact that everyone seems to be quite clueless about the use of HHO, it's environmental impacts as well as the perception that one manufacturers hydrogen and stores it (a la LZ 129 Hindenburg  *** INSERT LARGE EFFING EXPLOSION SOUND HERE*** Shocked ) yeah yeah yeah it was the dope on the canvas which caught due to static travelling up the damp landing rope. I will try to keep you posted as to my efforts, progress or lack there of. Just for the heck of it, I will throw out a few stats based upon initial engineering design for my planned generator, as well as a few photos in the weeks to come.

5 to 7 liters per minute based upon 13.8 VDC @ 20 amps max (limited) current draw is my current goal. Hey, at my almost brilliantly efficient 18 MPG, if I can squeeze another 2 to 5 MPG out of her for less than 25 quid and a couple of weekends spare time investment, what the heck, right? Do a wee dram of research lads. It may be fun to have a little competition to see who can come up with the most efficient alternative fuel sources. As you bio diesel users are heavily taxed for your efforts in many places, I figure I will go the H2O route until they start taxing it, or, until one of you guys comes up with a better idea.

I understand the horrific environmental impact may concern some of you though, but, I promise to try to reduce my emissions of H2O through the use of HHO in me old Trooper...... you guys crack me up!  Laughing  Trust me on this....... Google is your friend.

Hydrogen - difficult to store due to the , i'll keep this simple, tinsey tinsey little bitty which makes it no. 1 in the periodic table - it's the smallest element and very difficult to seal against, you can't think a rubber grommet and a nut here - that will leak, weld - that will leak, glue, leak... getting the idea?

Enviromental impact? That's the reason no one is taking fuel cells seriously, they will keep the media at bay, but the research and technology is going into batteries and electricity, specifically nuclear (renewable can only count for max ~15% of the engery consumption of a developed country)

You can you can produce 5 - 7 litres per minute, at what density? (MOL I think?) 2ppm great - that's going to burn like what? err air?  a 5L block of hydrogen from school, IIRC that will go pop very quickly and last about ooooo .000002 of a second, so you'll get one little pop per minute?

If it's so simple to use 200 year old technology to make a wonder engine, why wasn't it done 200 years ago?

01553 845 945
wv6z

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

dxmedia wrote:
wv6z wrote:
In light of the fact that everyone seems to be quite clueless about the use of HHO, it's environmental impacts as well as the perception that one manufacturers hydrogen and stores it (a la LZ 129 Hindenburg  *** INSERT LARGE EFFING EXPLOSION SOUND HERE*** Shocked ) yeah yeah yeah it was the dope on the canvas which caught due to static travelling up the damp landing rope. I will try to keep you posted as to my efforts, progress or lack there of. Just for the heck of it, I will throw out a few stats based upon initial engineering design for my planned generator, as well as a few photos in the weeks to come.

Hydrogen - difficult to store due to the , i'll keep this simple, tinsey tinsey little bitty which makes it no. 1 in the periodic table - it's the smallest element and very difficult to seal against, you can't think a rubber grommet and a nut here - that will leak, weld - that will leak, glue, leak... getting the idea?

Enviromental impact? That's the reason no one is taking fuel cells seriously, they will keep the media at bay, but the research and technology is going into batteries and electricity, specifically nuclear (renewable can only count for max ~15% of the engery consumption of a developed country)

You can you can produce 5 - 7 litres per minute, at what density? (MOL I think?) 2ppm great - that's going to burn like what? err air?  a 5L block of hydrogen from school, IIRC that will go pop very quickly and last about ooooo .000002 of a second, so you'll get one little pop per minute?

If it's so simple to use 200 year old technology to make a wonder engine, why wasn't it done 200 years ago?

My my someone has had a cheery day, haven't they?  Laughing Hmmmm, let me review, ummmmm, nope, I don't seem to see where I had mentioned anything about mass production on hydrogen, nor do I see where I planned to store hydrogen either. However, I really do appreciate all of your valued input as you are quite obviously a chemist, I am sure you won't mind if I come back and pick your brain quite frequently on this for your help. I am sure you will be an invaluable resource as I piddle about with this in the shed and thanks for all of your help.

Why hasn't anybody bothered to dig deeper into this, as you call it "200 year old technology", dunno, I really couldn't say, can you tell me why? I thinks it's brilliant that the mere suggestion of looking into having a little go at playing with this on a 'shed project' level infuriates so many. It rather makes me think there must be a lot more to it than meets the eye or something and definitely motivates me to devote more time to it, however, I have a busy schedule and have a lot going on for the next month or so (hamfests, one of which will be the Dayton Hamvention..... I believe you chaps back home call it a 'rally' or something daft like that). Do you work for BP per chance? My goodness, such aggression on a friendly, obsolete Japanese vehicle forum. Seriously though, thanks for the chuckles and I will keep you guys posted. I have nothing to gain, with the possible exception of mileage, I have nothing for sale and quite simply posted a question that initiated this thread. I will still be glad to post my honest results (or lack there of) here, if you guys like and if it infuriates too many of you or make you get your little nickers in a twist, feel free to request that I do not post my results (or lack there of), I will be glad to consider that too.  Wink
HF VHF/UHF Amateur Radio
XM Satellite Radio

dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahhaahhahahah

http://www.runyourcarwithwater.com/

hahahahhahhahahahahahahaha

OK - 1800L of 'brown gas'  humm H2O browngas?  bull *beep* gas perhaps?

hahhaha

snakeoil

01553 845 945
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every single site I've found on HHO (sorry) water says this >

It's a wonder fuel, hippys can weave yoghuart till their hearts content and there will be birds twitering on your kitchen table,

but - give us $300 dollars to tell you how to do it.

Oh electrolisis, get a battery put 2 rods into a glass of water and connent them to the terminals of the battery.

Oh - chemist me, no, but try playing with the frequency, if you get close to 20Khz you'll find that the efficency of electrolysis increases, it's called the 'water hammer' effect the same principle as you pipes banging in the house. Remeber though that water is a very very poor conductor hence the massive inefficency of electrolysis, there's a few, ok 3, laws of physics which say that this won't work Wink energy in = energy out.

if you've ever done electrolysis you'll know the massive amounts of heat which are created.

Not a bad day, just hate sudo science.

01553 845 945
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick google for 'hho' and 'snake oil'

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=6fI&q=hho+snakeoil&btnG=Search

Worth reading, large amounts of people having a very very very good finger pointing chuckle at the complete lack of any truth in the claims.

01553 845 945
wv6z

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay then, I suppose I shall look for some other rainy day project to perform in the shed. Just two questions though:

a) Do you work for BP?

b) Are you really my wife who has signed up as a user here is disguise? (Until meeting you, I have never met another human being who seems to take as much pleasure out of insulting my profound lack of intelligence  Laughing ).

Hey, if you don't ask questions, you never learn anything, it was simply a question and I suppose if I had seen all of the ad verts that you have, I would have been suspicious too. I am going to PM you my email address and if you like, I will email you a .pdf document that a friend had sent to me that tweaked my interest, just drop me a line (psssst - I won't tell the lads here, I promise). As this was all new to me (my days revolve around processing plastic, crumpet and beer), it looked quite exciting.........
HF VHF/UHF Amateur Radio
XM Satellite Radio

wv6z

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiz funny how our searches seemed to lead in opposite directions though, innit?

http://www.hydrogen-generator-systems.com/index1.html
HF VHF/UHF Amateur Radio
XM Satellite Radio

dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to remeber to drop you a line tomorrow... (I've your address - thanks)  I'm not trying to shoot you down, just after many years to trying to tell people that putting a spiral in their air inlet, or fitting a yellow air filter instead of a green one they won't magically get twice the economy from their engine.

Many many many years ago as a teenager I watched a program on TV about 2 californian guys who built a little sports car which ran on 100% water... I was mesmerised by this - amazing idea....  a couple of years of study later I'd learnt a very simple lesson for a young guy - cinicism, also a little bit about hydrolysis (I've a mechanicalkida background)

Superchargers / Turbo's - 1930's, common rail - 60's injection 70's - that's now 40 years ago nearly. It's all been done with regards to mineral fuels - we need something new - not snake oil.

01553 845 945
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: