QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

please someone ! This car is driving me crazy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedarwoods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:27    Post subject: please someone ! This car is driving me crazy Reply with quote

i have a 2001 trooper citation swb , 3.0 diesel . In march it went in for some re-call work ,injectors etc , and new heater plugs were fitted.  it then developed a starting problem , caused by my local guy putting the wrong oil in it  , thus requiring the oil pressure valve changing , I run it on a 50/50 mix of veg oil and diesel , yesterday she was very slow to start , after jump starting from another car she did finally start , ran all day , and this morning the same problem. I have now checked the oil and it is like bitumen , thick and black , what would of caused this ? . i have put new oil in to start it  and she has started , the oil pressure gauge has been Normal & no oil warning light has come on . i will flush the engine through today and change the oil and filter again
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

what veg oil are you using Question
have you disconeccted the egr yet as i found on mine that made the oil black pretty quick,

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
cedarwoods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:42    Post subject: oil Reply with quote

EGR ? ,sorry bit of a novice at this ! . The oil was very thick , almost like treacle . I am using virgin ( New ) oil , which i also put through a 1 micron filter prior to use .
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11288

have a read Very Happy

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

damm no edit button,
how many miles has it done since the oil has been changed at the dealer,

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
cedarwoods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

about 7000 miles , read and understood the egr ! . Around the cast part it is quite black , obviously carbon , is this carbon considerably increased by the fact that i am using veg oil , pulled the pipe from below the unit and have sealed it off.  So from the way i understand it , the car retains the carbon that it produces and puts it into the oil !
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always change mine at around the 3500 mark as the 3.0s tend to thrash their oil, im going to start using veg in mine so il keep an eye on the oil,
if the oil is realy thick it will cause some starting problems as it needs the oil to fire the injectors so needs to be thin,
when i did the oil change on mine after i did the egr the oil stayed cleaner for a lot longer but now its black as hell again and its only done 2000 mile, i find when you take the dipstick out and rub the oil between your thumb and forefinger you can usually feel how dirty it is by the gritty feel of it, and when its starts to feel gritty its time to change,

should start better after the oil change, have you changed the secondary oil filter as well

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
cedarwoods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me a ring on my mobile and hang up i will  call you back , you could explain to me then ~ if you dont mind ! thanks Tim
cedarwoods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops 07917541284
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

the secondary oil filter is on the opposite side to the main filter, if its still a pig to start id change this as well, not that handy to get at but you can get a hand on it easy enough, the secondary filter doesnt need changing very often like the main filter,
http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?=&p=45622

having said that it should have been changed when they did the injectors

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not biodiesel is it your using
cedarwoods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

no veg oil
cedarwoods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 15:28    Post subject: Starting this car which is driving me crazy Reply with quote

After great help from rallymarshall ! ?Thanks , I have seen the issues which have caused the trooper to collect the carbon in the oil , turn the oil thick , now the damn thing will not start . I have one last thing to do  ( give the battery a good charge and try and start it on Boost ) , but it would not start from my father in laws mondeo.  bearing in mind i have at the moment only topped the oil up with new as where the car is parked i can get to it and pull it out  , if the oil has become thick and stopped the oil from firing the injectors , how can this be resolved ?  any ideas ring me on 07917541284 and i will call you back
shrekky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

cedarwoods wrote:
about 7000 miles

thats why. Wink ..............when using veg oil,your service intervals are about halved,on veggy oil should be servicing it around 3000-3500 miles.....................main reason is that the veg oil polymirises the engine oil,so its like treacle
markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

what shrekky said  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: