2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

oil analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c551rh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 21:22    Post subject: oil analysis Reply with quote

My Trooper - 3.0 - has just been serviced by a main Isuzu dealer. The paperwork presented to me after the service (copy of service schedule and invoice with itemised parts) shows details for the 3.1, including semi-synthetic oil. The service manager swears that their experienced technicians would never put the wrong oil in a Trooper, but I believe the paperwork over this particular rather pompous service manager. Subsequent rough idling reinforces my view.  

Does anyone have any experience of oil sample analysis (is it semi- or fully- synthetic)? I know it sounds a bit far-fetched, but this particular dealership is on trial following a previous series of errors, and I would like to get to the bottom of it - whether I am right or not.

Any replies will be welcomed, whether or not I'm heading up a blind alley.  Thank you.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 21:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it back saying it's running roughly since they serviced it, and present them with the paperwork?

See what the responce is then - go for 1 - 2 pm so the manager is on lunch Wink

01553 845 945
c551rh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, dxmedia. Taking it back is rather the plan of last resort, as the car is a working vehicle, and reaches the parts  that a courtesy car simply cannot reach! (and the dealer is 25 miles away). But it may turn out to be my only realistic option. Thanks again.
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which dealer? Don't worry about naming and shaming...

There's another post going on where a main dealer damaged a car, I'm curious if it's the same place?? Sorry no Idea where Westerham is Wink

01553 845 945
c551rh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naming and shaming is not appropriate for now, because there is as yet no proof of malpractice - hence the interest in oil analysis. There are some very able and decent people at this dealership and it would be very unfair to tarnish their name on a hunch. But if malpractice IS proven . . .
the flower man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

understand where you are coming from there mate. it should be fully sinthetic in the 3.0 as the oil is used as part of the fueling system and put under high presher ect. the rong oil would give you the problems you seem to be having. pm ethanh. he knows his stuff when it comes to the 3.0 and will tell you all you need to know. dont run it if you can help it as you may do damage Shocked
tug

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

don't mean to sound patronising here but why the hell don't you try and do the oil change thing yourself, it aint hard and at least you would know what going in.

Tug
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

tug wrote:
Hi

don't mean to sound patronising here but why the hell don't you try and do the oil change thing yourself, it aint hard and at least you would know what going in.

Tug

Not everybody wants, or are even able to work on cars.

LTM 24
tug

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

continue to be ripped of then
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

tug wrote:

Helpful! lol

LTM 24
c551rh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, tug.
In your effort not to sound patronising, you completely miss the point. Read my first post - it is about analysing oil samples to find out which oil has been put into the engine. Even after I have done the oil change, I STILL want to know what had been put in.  Being told how easy it is to do an oil change doesn't actually help very much.
DYLAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

tug wrote:
Hi

Tug

tug wrote:

On my 3.2 i recently had a full, Yes a full service including changing gearbox, engine and diff oils all filters, plugs and an all over check, I bought parts, labour was £40 , I think a garage might have had your pants down at some time to make you feel that way because i ain't doin that work when i can get it done by competent mechanics for that kind of money and it's not that i can't do it i assure you.

c551rh I think telling the difference between semi synth and synth is going to be hard without spending an amount of money, I hope for your sake i am wrong and you are able to prove any wrong doing by the dealer.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the wrong oil in it it takes a bit longer to start if it will start but once warm it should be okish, the grade really needs to be a 5/30 fully synthetic due to the pressures involved anything else breaks down to quickly. also the filters do have different part no.s for the 3.1 and 3.0 although i have seen some bighorns with the 3.0l filter fitted.
if it was me i would supply my own oil and take it back and get them to show you the filter that is fitted for peace of mind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: