2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Turbo Recall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin Needham

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:22    Post subject: Turbo Recall Reply with quote

can anybody tell me if Isuzu have recalled Turbo's on any troopers and if there is a list anywhere i can check??.

i have always thaught that isuzu where reliable, but i baught an Isuzu Trooper Citation 3.0td tohc (uk spec) not import !! in august of last year, and i have had nothing but problems with it. first cylinder head whent which cost me 3 grand to fix and now the damn turbo has gone so that will cost me another grand, so far i am thinking that they are total poo poo.

can anybody help ??

Thanks
Martin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andrewk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:59    Post subject: Re: Turbo Recall Reply with quote

Martin Needham wrote:
can anybody tell me if Isuzu have recalled Turbo's on any troopers and if there is a list anywhere i can check??."

Not exactly a recall - but something that International Motors call a "Service Campaign".

What it boils down to it that the turbo - and also the injector sleeves & oil strainer should have been replaced under warranty on 4JX1 engines (i.e. the 3.0D) manufactured between 1998 and 2002.

This should have happened automatically, when your car goes in for service. Franchised ISUZU dealers have direct access via computer to the International Motors warranty database - and can identify for you whether those warranty repairs are outstanding.

FWIW, mine fell through the sieve too - but I was lucky and found out about the problem before I had any problems. The repairs on mine were done F.O.C. at the 72000 service.

Cheers
Andrew Kay
Martin Needham

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:42    Post subject: turbo recall update Reply with quote

noted, with thanks andrew.

also for those of you that are intrested, i delivered my car to Isuzu on thursday becouse the turbo's have been recalled due to fault also they have recalled the injectors. so if you have a isuzu trooper around 1999 then it might be worth your while checking if it has already had the new turbo & injectors fitted and all will be done FOC.

thanks
martin
Delbert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know the serve recall number for the turbo replacement?  I have a dealer querying it.  Seems he's willing to do it but he wants to know the number before he starts it.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dealer is the best person to find all the no.s he needs all he needs is your chassis no. and that will tell him any outstanding work needed.

some dealers just don't have a clue do they
Delbert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eithan.  Mine's a grey import which might present problems.  It's having it's injectors done right now (or would be, if they had arrived from Cyprus.  I could've walked there and back in the time it's taken to get them).  When I mentioned it in March, the dealer asked me for a campaign number but I guess I shall have to ask him to look it up.

Cheers.
IsuzuNutter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:47    Post subject: Re: turbo recall update Reply with quote

Martin Needham wrote:
noted, with thanks andrew.

also for those of you that are intrested,  i delivered my car to Isuzu on thursday becouse the turbo's have been recalled due to fault  also they have recalled the injectors.  so if you have a isuzu trooper around 1999 then it might be worth your while checking if it has already had the new turbo & injectors fitted  and all will be done FOC.

thanks
martin

As previously mentioned, Turbo's were not 'recalled', but a service campaign to be actioned when the vehicle is in for service. Be careful with grey imports, some 'Service Campaigns' are market specific.

Thanks.
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a recall for the injectors and here it is together with the recall number

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=F4C60ACC0025F659802570C9003E098B

No mention of Turbo and I wouldn't have thought that this campaign would necessarily cover "greys" but no harm in trying...

Looks like there were offficially 12,453 vehciles involved. Ouch.... Shocked

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
davehodge999

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2002 3.0 had campaign for oil strainer and turbo at same time
glenos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if we will ever get the service campaign / (recall) for turbos and oil strainers here?  happy8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: