4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0td 1998 Heads crack ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stig664

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 16:54    Post subject: 3.0td 1998 Heads crack ??? Reply with quote

God, I talk more on here than I do to my girlfriend ! I have a 3.0td, oil going into coolant, maybe H/gasket, maybe cracked head, does anyone know of these having head problems ?
Also going into Isuzu for injector recall next week at 110,000 miles, could this contributed to oil in water issue ? Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 16:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and yes!
stig664

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou, so I should be able to get the head done by Isuzu Warranty hopefully ???
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't of thought so there are no recalls for head cracking and the vehicle will be out of warranty so isuzu won't pay
stig664

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dealer has heard of them paying, but I just wanted a bit of back up before I scream at Isuzu !!!
Gary Oates

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 17:01    Post subject: Heads cracking Reply with quote

In isuzu space no-one can hear you scream

My 3.0 bag of sh*t has just come back from Isuzu hospital after 3 1/2 mths with a new head courtesy of isuzu, it has been home less than  1 week and 200 miles, got up one morning started it, clouds of smoke, rough idle, gone back again, losing interest in this hunk of scrap, by the way diesel in the coolant is evidence of head crack, had that too .

Had no problems until recall for injectors, since then never been right. aaarrrrgggghhhhhh
stig664

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE !!! I removed my head to discover two pistons partially melted, signs of pitting in the head probably from glow plug tips breaking off or injector tips and casing damage, took pics and sent to my local dealer for them to forward to Isuzu UK for a decision, also scored sleeves on the two melted pistons, MAYBE Isuzu will be honourable if not I'll have to do all the work myself, let you all know when I do !?!?!?!

Guy

PS Also heads probably cracked, if Isuzu won't replace I have a contact who will either repair or sell me a s/hand one with 6 months garuntee for £250
Gary Oates

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 0:27    Post subject: heads Reply with quote

By  the way, while mine was in I was told that there were 50 heads on back order in our region alone, no head problems, bullsh1t
stig664

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd UPDATE

Just learnt my local dealer have ceased trading !!! Spoke to Isuzu UK and they have approved a partial rebuild, whatever that is ? So have now had it recovered to another dealer 40 miles away and they are going to look at it as I type this and let me know what's going on............. Rolling Eyes
Will update again as I get told.........

stig664
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like they aint going to pay for everything then, who was your local dealer?
stig664

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are gonna replace the engine, and use my ancillaries, I'll probably get them to replace the clutch while they have the engine out, hopefully they'll replace the dodgy throttle body too..........
My local dealer were Sparshatts, in Chichester but they've closed it so now I have to go to Botley near Southamptom  Crying or Very sad
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

stig664 wrote:
They are gonna replace the engine, and use my ancillaries, I'll probably get them to replace the clutch while they have the engine out, hopefully they'll replace the dodgy throttle body too..........
My local dealer were Sparshatts, in Chichester but they've closed it so now I have to go to Botley near Southamptom  Crying or Very sad

The manger Don has posted on here.

LTM 24
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: