4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hard Tops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:56    Post subject: Hard Tops Reply with quote

Hi all, first posting to the forum, can I ask the members of the forum about the fitting of the Alfa Hard Top to my Rodeo Denver 08, how easy is it to fit and any tips, which way do you route the wiring for the heated rear window and the interior light? I assume you can take a live feed from one of the rear brake lights to the high level brake light. Also any ideas on how to seal the tailgate as I intend to carry my dog in the back so I need to seal the tailgate for exhaust fumes. Sorry for all the questions but it this is my first pickup so bear with me  Rolling Eyes .....Cheers Woody
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris B has a hard top on his, i'm sure he will take a look  Very Happy
Oh, and welcome  Cool
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
Chris B has a hard top on his, i'm sure he will take a look  Very Happy

Sounds like I need to have a peek at mine...  Laughing   the hard top on mine was factory fitted so im not sure on the routing of the cables etc.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't done one in a while but i think you get a loom with a switch and some relays that you have to wire in to the cab and route it out and in to the top, it's not difficult and you do get instructions with it
woody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all and thanks for the quick replies and the welcome, Very Happy  sorry I havent replied quicker but I have been away for the weekend. Its my first pickup so maybe once I receive my hardtop and get a better look at it and read the instuctions it may be easier than I thought, but any help or tips will still be welcome......again thanks for the quick replies.......Cheers woody
jonathan63

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

you run the wiring under the cab on the left side and you have a small wire that gos to the inside of the cab for the switch ,, and the dog will not get gased,,,i have fitted a number of them
woody

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers jonathan63, thanks for the reply, Im getting my Hardtop tomorrow so will have a better look at what you suggest, good to hear the dog will survive in the back Rolling Eyes Thanks again...woody
Harry00

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:20    Post subject: Interior light hard top failed Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 2007 Rodeo Denver with hard top fitted. The interior light in the hard top has stopped working. The bulb is OK and there is no power to the contacts.

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams / advice to give in order to fix this?

Regards

Harry
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunatly there won't be any as these are an add on and each fitter could fit them slightly different,you have to find the wires and follow them back they are not that bad to follow and depending on the top normally end up around the passenger footwell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: