Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1998 3.0 td Water pump ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the flower man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandad wrote:
this problem is a common problem with the radiators on london type taxis  there rads are fine on short runs and low speeds but as soon as they are subject to any hard work they over heat the only remedy is a new rad
when taken apart 50-60% of the cores are usually blocked solid
this is often caused by filling with plain water with no antifreeze so causing a build up of rust deposits which often cannot be flushed out   as  Topvaux said

i am with grandad on this one. a blockage in the rad would presherise the system . if it was a head gasket the leek would be very small as only from my experiance, when a head gasket goes (i had a bmw e28 Rolling Eyes ) you get a sky high temp from tick over with in a short time. some times you get bubbles in the expantion tank and mao on the oil filler cap. running ruff and down on power. you would have probs starting her as well. as top vaux said,do the test and it will prove what is going on.  hope its just the rad mate Wink . the rad on my 3.1 blocked and blue a whole in its self with the presher inside and had the same simptoms as you. would of thought it would blow a hose off but the rad must have been that weak Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 23:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flower man wrote:
Grandad wrote:
this problem is a common problem with the radiators on london type taxis  there rads are fine on short runs and low speeds but as soon as they are subject to any hard work they over heat the only remedy is a new rad
when taken apart 50-60% of the cores are usually blocked solid
this is often caused by filling with plain water with no antifreeze so causing a build up of rust deposits which often cannot be flushed out   as  Topvaux said

i am with grandad on this one. a blockage in the rad would presherise the system . if it was a head gasket the leek would be very small as only from my experiance, when a head gasket goes (i had a bmw e28 Rolling Eyes ) you get a sky high temp from tick over with in a short time. some times you get bubbles in the expantion tank and mao on the oil filler cap. running ruff and down on power. you would have probs starting her as well. as top vaux said,do the test and it will prove what is going on.  hope its just the rad mate Wink . the rad on my 3.1 blocked and blue a whole in its self with the presher inside and had the same simptoms as you. would of thought it would blow a hose off but the rad must have been that weak Laughing

I've just done a head gasket on the 3.1 where it was loosing water and presurising the rad, no bubbles, no oil, just a weep down the side of the block from the head...

01553 845 945
the flower man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what i am saying mate. it would have to be a small leek to give them simptoms
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headgaskets can just seep a little to start off. They can develop into nightmares like cracked heads, blown pistons (especially on diesels) so worth eliminating that possibility early on.
stig664

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do a chemical test, and does any one have any idea how thick the rad should be ?
stig664

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been told it's the right rad, £180 to recore it !  Rolling Eyes  Run it without stat and some special flush, noticed bubbles coming from rad cap hole so I guess it's the headgasket  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
the flower man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad  Sad oh sh*t sounds like it. do the test on it anyway but that is one of the signs mate.
stig664

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, I'll let you know how I get on.............................. Crying or Very sad
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's very rare for a genuine 3.0l head gasket to go but there is an after market one which is white in colour which if it has been fitted for some reason will almost certainly go. i've seen 2 of them both go in the same place causing overheating so it might be worth while contacting the previous owner and seeing if they know of any work that has been done.
stig664

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou, not sure who previous owner was until I get log book back, trying to contact the people who serviced it for more info..............  Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: