2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

big recall for 3.0l troopers

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANDREW B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

good old dealers not 700 after all its, 1100! trooper will be picked up on trailer from dealers tomorrow and brought home with a f Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Razz ed engine, tempted to have a look at it myself got nought to loose when its only worth a grand as it is! wish i'd never seen the damn thing now,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 22:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

SFarrier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that some 3.0 troopers are subject to the campaign and not others, it has to be rubbish when a dealer says that a particular 3.0 isn't subject to the recall. All 4jx engines are the same as far as I can see.

Please correct me if i'm wrong though.

Faz
steveforster9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

To confirm whether your vehicle has had, or requires any campaign work doing call IM (the importers) Customer care line on 0121 557 2112.

You need to ask if any campaign work has been carried out on your vehicle.

If Yes, ask them when the work was carried out & where.

If No, they should be able to tell you if any work is applicable to your vehicle.

You need to use the word 'campaign' rather than recall, because technically no recalls have been issued.

I hope this will prove useful. When I phoned the customer care were helpful and willing to answer my questions. Good luck.. Smile

1999 3.0DT LWB
steveharri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:51    Post subject: Trooper Recalls Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I have recently purchased a 2001 3.0 duty LWB with FSH @ 82K, not all of the services were carried out through main dealers.
After speaking with my local Isuzu dealership in Mansfield i was told that allthough the sump strainer & injector sleeve seals had not been done on my vehicle that because it had Miracuosly cover 80K without fault then best to leave well alone, (if it don't broke then don't fix it).
Not entirely happy with this i spoke to IM (very helpful) they assured me that this work needed doing straight away.
I went back to the dealer who did'nt aggree with IM and have pretty much refused to do any work on my vehicle, reason given was, i purchased the car elsewhere in the country and i should return it to the dealers that have done any service work on it and let them sort it, Lets just say i won't be going back to them in a hurry.
So yes my car still works but i'am scared to start it anyway.
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

what dealers was that then steveharri? just so I don't make the mistake of going to them for any reason! Had a VW Golf that had a problem and discovered that it should have been recalled but had somehow missed and still needed fixing. Had no problems with the nearest dealer at all (and I didn't buy it from them and it was about 6 years old Exclamation ).It's not as if they're footing the bill Exclamation
andrewk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 14:27    Post subject: Re: Trooper Recalls Reply with quote

steveharri wrote:

After speaking with my local Isuzu dealership in Mansfield i was told that allthough the sump strainer & injector sleeve seals had not been done on my vehicle that because it had Miracuosly cover 80K without fault then best to leave well alone, (if it don't broke then don't fix it).
Not entirely happy with this i spoke to IM (very helpful) they assured me that this work needed doing straight away.

I learned about the injector sleeve issue when my 2000 LWB Trooper 3.0D had done around 70,000. The injector sleeves, oil strainer and turbo replacement were done by Robinson's of Rochdale at the 72,000 service (Robinson's are not the original supplier). It has now done 82,000 without any problem.

Whilst I cannot advise you about what to do, the dealer's attitude seems a tad eccentric. If you don't have the Service Campaigns done and the engine does expire, I doubt that you'll get any sympathy from IM - and legally, you'll probably not have a leg to stand on.

Cheers
Andrew Kay
steveharri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

fifth4x4 wrote:
what dealers was that then steveharri? just so I don't make the mistake of going to them for any reason! Had a VW Golf that had a problem and discovered that it should have been recalled but had somehow missed and still needed fixing. Had no problems with the nearest dealer at all (and I didn't buy it from them and it was about 6 years old Exclamation ).It's not as if they're footing the bill Exclamation
Lucas at Mansfield Isuzu / subaru dealer
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAH thought it might be Exclamation Thats where mine originally came from. I'm still running around advertising them as well Shocked Must get a new wheel cover so I can get rid of the one with their name all over it Exclamation
Paul.K

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sory to hear all the problems you guys are having with the 3.0ltr engines. It seems to me that Isuzu spent many years building up a good reputation and in a matter of months it is all blown out of the water by one bad engine, I wish you all the best of luck. There is a company in Wales that fits brand new 2.8td engines for about £5000 + VAT and they are bullet proof. I drive an old MK1 with the 2.8td, it has done 180,000 and still uses no oil and goes as well as it ever did. Not as quick as the 3.0ltr but I get upto 30mpg. This company in Wales seems a cheap option if you have no joy with Isuzu. But YES Isuzu should sort it. I wish I could remember their name, there was an article in last Septembers Total Off Road Magazine, all the details are in there.
Best of luck
Jo Jack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company in Wales is M. Burgins and sons. Tel. 01597 851236
www.mbs4x4.co.uk

Hope this helps.
Allan P

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 17:10    Post subject: Recall Reply with quote

Hello all
I have been reading all about the recalls to the 3.0 td. I have a 1998 Duty swd 60000 service just carried out, and will be contacting IM about any out standing work if any on my trooper. Could any one give me a help with what informaton I will need to give them.
andrewk

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 18:03    Post subject: Re: Recall Reply with quote

Allan P wrote:
Could any one give me a help with what informaton I will need to give them.

The vehicle registration number or VIN number.

Cheers
Andrew Kay
muddles

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

After reading these posts I contacted IM to see what campaign work had been done to my Trooper. I was told the turbo and oil strainer work had been carried out. I asked about the injector mods and was told that this was not required on my vehicle.

Why do some 1999 Troopers require mods, but not others? Surely if the turbo and oil strainer required doing then the injectors would as well. If much later vehicles need campaign work on the injectors then Isuzu were still fitting the suspect units until they discovered the problem, so how come IM tell me mine do not need doing?
rowjames

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I'd worry about the injector sleeves too; surely they all need doing?

'If you don't have the Service Campaigns done and the engine does expire, I doubt that you'll get any sympathy from IM - and legally, you'll probably not have a leg to stand on'.

From someone who is still trying to get their Trooper repaired (nearly 5 months now!!) I am definitely going to be jumping right on top of IM when this is over. No-one told us about any outstanding campaigns; we did nothing wrong; the parts are faulty & if the campaign work wasn't done, there was a potentially dangerous situation, so why was no recall done via DVLA? For heavens sake, how can they just shrug their shoulders & say 'not our problem'? Evil or Very Mad
SteveA

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 23:48    Post subject: UPDATE to Steve A-16 apr 2005 Reply with quote

My 3.0 td 1998 trooper citation now sits in a garage being inspected for damage, it got mentioned about a new engine, hopefully covered by the garage I bought it from (or my money back).
I want to go Volkwagen now , sick and tired of the hassle of scrounging lifts to and from work everyday (cheers Andy) Very Happy
Totally disgusted with ISUZU and TROOPERS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: