QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

big recall for 3.0l troopers

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitefangs27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dylan was getting worried for a minute then thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 14:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

cosmin81

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody. I have now also problems with injectors. My car is 2002 model. Can you please advise me who can I contact to request the replacing of injectors? As I read, they are replaced free of charge.
Thank you in advance.
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need to go to your local Isuzu Dealer and have a chat with them about it,
I've got a 2001 3.0ltr that downed 2 injectors and had to pay myself, but you may be lucky

David ltm47
cosmin81

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank you.
I already discussed with a dealer and he told me that the injectors can be bought only set of 4 and the cost is ........... 2475 euro without changing them. To me it seems to much, compared to what I read on this forum.  Confused
Sir Henry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmin81 wrote:
Ok, thank you.
I already discussed with a dealer and he told me that the injectors can be bought only set of 4 and the cost is ........... 2475 euro without changing them. To me it seems to much, compared to what I read on this forum.  Confused

Did the garage owner wear a mask and carry a pistol? He should have done at that price! Drive the car back to Japan to have the work done. Including shipping and hotel costs it will still work out a lot cheaper. Alternatively it's not a very difficult job to change the injectors yourself (I might be inclined to change the glow plugs at the same time). You just have to take note of the various washers and seals as you remove the old ones and then replace them (or fit new ones) in the same order when inserting the new injectors. Then it's just a matter of bleeding the fuel system and firing the car up again.
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmin81 wrote:
Ok, thank you.

My local Isuzu Dealer gave me the option of buying the injectors (from them if I wished) at a just below £200 EACH in singles
or have them supply and fix at roughly £450 for the first injector and about £230 for each additional injector.
If you wanted I could give you the Dealers number and maybe they could send the injectors to romania for you to
have fitted Idea If they are not fitted by a main Dealer THEY WILL need to be coded in using a Tech2 afterwards.

David ltm47
cosmin81

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for advising me. I contacted now also a German dealer, he imported the car from Japan.
I will let you know about everything.
Very nice remark, Sir Henry  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
I like Hulk very much. Can you give me your car's paint code? Mine is gold and I wish to change it. Thank you all again and have a nice Sunday.
ludwigtheegg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 21:43    Post subject: recall help Reply with quote

hello people,,,new to site and just filtering through the moans and groans of trooper ownership and current probs,,,,my situation is this....just bought a 2004..1 owner 33k full service history 3.0.trooper..apparantly wasnt driving right for few weeks and seen its exhaust pipe on motorway,,,got took to a family freind mechanic,,,who A..didnt stick scanner on it,,B £500 re/con turbo C apparantly done compression test but cant remember results....so done everything in reverse which cost the previous owners a packet,,,so now sat on my drive is a vgc low mileage bus... i just managed to get a really good engine from an outfit in Mirfeild who exports 4x4's....but just been told by a mate of mine that as far as he knew there was still an on going recall on this.. it pissed all the oil into sump.plus its knockin with white smoke..so dont wanna swap engine untill i can clear this up.....car was imported to N,Ireland through Cyprus and then to England.......been steered toward international motors for Monday for advice.......can anyone clarify if they think im gonna hit lucky,,or get back broke and oily hands ???/?...sorry for lengthy  post but i dont get out often haha.... Laughing
ludwigtheegg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 18:43    Post subject: internation motors aka im Reply with quote

further to my rambling last post,,ive called im today spoke to a mono tone fellow who said he would contact japan today and have word back with my before the day was out....cor blimey govnor and true to his word,,,hes left an answer fone message saying,,,isuzu have said theres a re/call on my injectors and some electrical work and also if the injectors have *beeb* the engine they will look at that also......its Chesire Cat time in my home today,,,,long over waited good luck,,,anyway in closing,i hope its a new engine...and good luck to anyone else thats been in my position....i may have a spare good engine for sale ive just bought before i knew about re/call...
ludwigtheegg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 19:44    Post subject: recall update.... Reply with quote

ok listeners,,,just got round to sorting out service history to dealership,,,so they can send on to japan as they have asked for umpteen photos of the bores and everything else....sooooo il sit tight and wait for the dreaded phone call.......cant see how they can knock me back now,,,they authorized new injectors and electrical work,,,so obviously they know ultimatley wer this is leading to,,,a CA'CHINGY NEW ENGINE.......GLAD TIDINGS
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate  Wink  Cool  Cool

David ltm47
ludwigtheegg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:31    Post subject: 3-0 ltr recall.... Reply with quote

WELL what can i say after weeks and weeks of knackering chandler isuzus fone and calling international motors a few times...ISUZU have relented and upheld my case and YES YES *beeb* YES....im getting a new engine,,,parts orderd on monday and takes week/2 weeks....basically what took so long was getting service history from former owners mechanic who was apparntly a family freind,,but who undoubetly was a cheesy old bell end.....then isuzu asked for 2 lots of pics of the bores etc...and last service blah blah blah.......i was stressed da *beep* out,,,,,,,so guy ast isuzu said to me,,,can take 2 months to sort a case,,,,,hes seen worse engines than me and better engines,,,and the longer the case went on he said hed never had 1 rejected,,,,,IF THEY AUTHORIZE NEW INJECTORS AND U GOT SERVICE HISTORY TO BACK UP UR CASE THEN UR ONTO A WINNER AS FAR AS I CAN SEE.........MINE WAS A 2004 WITH SKETCHY BUT RECENT ENOUGH SERVICE HISTORY,,,sorry caps lock.......hope this bodes well for anyone else at this stage or anyone just about to give it a go.....IL have a nice new shiny 1 owner ultra low milage trooper for sale with brand new engine soon,,,,if anyone interested....cheers and good luck....
ludwigtheegg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 19:07    Post subject: recall new engine Reply with quote

Well long wait over,,,back of holiday and picked up my trooper yesterday with a shinny new blink blink engine....lovley to get under look up and see new new new......waited3 months in total,,,.....so il cut to the chase the bus is now for sale,,,,,,,good luck to anyone else out there whos been suffering on the wings same as me,,,and fingers crossed you come out on top like i did,,,,,,,
jamesey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi , my freind has got a green 1998 s reg 3.0 td for sale , its done 120k and has all the bull bars running boards and roof spoiler , its a swb , but its started miss firing and using loads of fuel , the garage told her its a injector problem , its got test till april and tax for nearly a year , she wants 500 without the tax or 600 with the tax , is it worth a gamble , would i get the injectors done on any recalls? , i dont know what to do ? are the injectors a simple job that i could do?
branno67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 20:16    Post subject: recalls Reply with quote

can anyone give me a number to find out about recalls on my 3.0ltr trooper insignia just forked out for new head, head gasket, radiator and now have injector fault
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: