2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

This Sunday 30-01-2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeburton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 18:00    Post subject: This Sunday 30-01-2005 Reply with quote

Hi,

As the weather forecast indicates a weekend of un-remarkable weather, I thought I may venture out into some of the easier routes around the lakes this Sunday (30-01-2005)

If anyone is in the area and fancies coming along, give me a nod and we can play together!!!!!

Must emphasise though that I do not know the condition of any of the routes since the storms a couple of weeks ago - there may be obstacles and wash outs leading to much turning round and reversing.....all adds to the fun though eh?

Get in touch (pm, e-mail or post a reply) if you fancy a bit - oh er!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 18:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

steveforster9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

I'd love to come & play, but Leicester to the lakes for a day might take a bit of pesuading with my social seretary Embarassed

If anybody fancies some laning around the midlands maybe we can get some posts on this section of the forum - its looking a bit empty at the moment Exclamation

1999 3.0DT LWB
Philp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it not been just 10 days before I drive 1000 miles down through France for the first time in my ancient Trooper I may well have been up for it but I can't risk breaking something. Instead I spent today getting covered in diesel changing the leaky fuel tank sender gasket and welding on a home made plate with some studs on to the chassis so I can fit my tank guard, I hate welding upside down! (ouch!)

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
jon willy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil
Thoroughly clean the metal helps it stick, unless its got a serious infest of steel worm Laughing Laughing Laughing What you using Phil Mig Question .
How far down in France you going Question You can afford a slight leak in France at their prices although the motorway fuel stops tends to be a bit dear.

Regards Jon.
Philp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a SIP Migmate 150 Turbo so plenty of power for chassis etc, it's just in an awkward place to reach between the tank mounting , leaf spring and mudflap so had to lie on my back to reach it, and wedge my rather large paws in at odd angles and suffer the usual rain of molten blobs! It's well and truly stuck on now so it all went well. (the original studs had obviously seized in the threads and been cut off flush) Hopefully the new tank gasket will solve the leaking problem as I'm pretty sure that's all it was rather than a holed tank.

This is why I've had so much fettling to do on my "new" Trooper and been asking so many questions. We have a "project" holiday house that we bought early last year set in a couple of acres up a very rough forestry track and then across our land including fording the small but muddy stream that runs across the middle of it (hence the Trooper). We're still trying to tap the local Mayor up for a few euro's towards upgrading the access road so you can get to it in a normal car but 4x4 access only has it's benefits!

It's in the Lot region, about 600 miles or so down near a town called St Cere . It's pretty much motorway all the way until the last hour, but does involve fighting my way around Paris. I've done this particular trip twice now but this is the first time on my own as I am being despatched down for three and a half weeks to deal with the plumber, electrician and to fit new windows and doors amongst many other things. I have been driving over there for years and started going to France with my family in 1977, my parents and a couple of my many sisters also have houses over there.

I shall be going through the channel tunnel with just enough fuel to get me to the first filling station, trust me! I just hope the Trooper is good enough to get me there as the furthest I've been in it so far in one go is about 60 miles and I have the biggest pile of stuff you've ever seen to fit in and on it, including I might add the kitchen sink!

jon willy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil
I hope for your sake the repair is a success....... some migs are better than others, you get what you pay for and that usually is determined by how much use you'll give it, also argo mix is better than neat Co2.
St Cere .... South of Brive, not far from Rocamadour ?? I've motored through and in France since the mid 60's before the motorways were established, probably done more miles in France than in the UK plus several trips into Spain and Andorra.

Regards Jon.
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, exactly right, Brive is where I jump off the motorway, which now goes on down past Cahors.

Theres nowt wrong with my welding, I always use CO2/Argon mix as it's a lot easier to get a good stable arc and a nice clean weld than just CO2 and pure argon is too pricey and unneccesary on mild steel.. According to my wife everything I build tends to be built to survive a nuclear blast!

France has changed a lot since the late 70's so it must have been an amazing place in the 60's. I drove a Suzuki SJ 410 down to southern spain a few years back, that was a bum numbing fun trip with loads of off roading thrown in. Turkey was an "interesting" place to drive in, I've also driven in Australia (huge), the USA (very polite), Malaysia (mad) and a few other places too.

jon willy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil .... Not Being critical of your welding old bean, maybe the welder, I can say that co's I have one a SIP which I keep at our little PAD in France, but the m/c I have in the UK is 100% better (cost 4 times more) Two days used to be deemed as excellent timing in the 60's to get to Spain mostly it was two and half days.

Paris peripherique (Love It) ........ just remember on the journey down always follow the signs for Bordeaux, after going under the runway at Charles De Gaulle bear to the right on the A3 then onto the peripherique at Bagnolet and come off on the A6 and follow signs for Bordeaux A10 ignore if possible everything in between and then drop onto N20.near Orlean.

Regards Jon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: