4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front sidelight removal - the secret revealed in pix

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siweb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ wrote:
Blimey all that caffufal taking out the side lamp,(i worked it out myself) god help you all if you have to blow your tyres up or maybe have to remove your ashtray, Any one got any pics of that complicated proceedure Laughing

Laughing  Laughing
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 18:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

enduroman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that  Very Happy
Ferranti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 20:57    Post subject: Sooooooooooo easy with those brilliant photos Reply with quote

ditto
half

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:36    Post subject: park lamp Reply with quote

My park light bulb is inside the headlight and there is no way ,I can see to get to it without taking the headlight out, anyone had any experience with this I really dont want to adjust the head light position
wilf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 20:53    Post subject: Re: Front sidelight removal - the secret revealed in pix Reply with quote

boritz wrote:
As with most tasks - once you know how it becomes easy.

I have read posts on more than one forum requesting instruction on the removal of the front parker/turn (side-light/indicator) lamp assembly from a Jackaroo (Trooper/Monterey/Bighorn).

Here for example : http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10447

Until now, I have not needed to remove mine (not bad for 11 years of use).

The trick is knowing that, besides a single screw, there is a plastic ball-and-socket joint holding the assembly in place.

Don't try to lever on the outside edges of the assembly.

Refer to the photo's.

1. Remove the phillip's head screw from the top, between the assembly and the headlamp.

2. Slip a largish flat-blade screwdriver vertically down between the assembly and the headlamp.

3. About 2/3rd's down there is a plastic strut running horizontally from the rear of the assembly face, back toward the sheetmetal between the assembly and the headlamp. Attached to the rear end of the strut is a ball which is locked into a nylon socket.

4. The aim is to use the screwdriver to prise the strut forward to release the ball from it's socket. Get the blade back between the strut and the nylon socket. You may need to press down and twist the screwdriver to get it in.

5. Note that the assembly is designed to be removed in a forward direction - straight ahead of the vehicle. There are two guide pins on the outer rear end of the assembly that fit into the front wing (fender).

Job done!

Thanks Boritz,

Once again this forum has come up trumps. I thought that's how it must come out but unless you know for sure you don't like to tug too much. I will just add something - I could not get a screwdriver between the white nylon socket and the shoulder on the black plastic leg the ball is on, the ball was in very tightly and there was no gap to get the screwdriver in plus you are limited for space to move the screwdriver if you don't want to start damaging things.

What did it for me was to spray a little WD40 onto the ball and socket, wait 30 seconds for it to work in then (with the screw removed from the top plastic bracket) pull the top bracket forward sharply and it popped out. Bloody great!
half

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 23:36    Post subject: side light removal Reply with quote

This is great but mine is located inside the headlamp, not on the indicator
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year is your Trooper half?

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

half

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 0:09    Post subject: side lights Reply with quote

Mine is an opel wizard or a isuzu wizard really, just that G.M new zealand bought them in and rebadged them it is branded isuzu inside 1998 Looking at the piccys of the trooper they look the same and my workshop manual says wizard/trooper I have a piccy of the truck but not sure how to post it
wilf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:03    Post subject: Re: side light removal Reply with quote

half wrote:
This is great but mine is located inside the headlamp, not on the indicator

That's unfortunate.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have what we call the Vauxhall Frontera. Though the Frontera was tweaked by GM for the UK market. Engines, gearboxes, and some cosmetic tweaks. You should be able to get to the sidelight with some fiddling. Might have to remove /move things to get your hand to them though.

Deceased

half

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:51    Post subject: side light Reply with quote

Ok thats cool this seems to be a normal thing for G.M to do. Mine has the 4jx1 motor but it has had the recall and I do regular servicing, every 7500km  with oil and filter,5/30 full synth, usually Penrite oil or at a pinch, Castrol Edge. I find it starts best cold with these oils.Something to do with a low freeze point, I have been told. Heat it until the air bag light stops flashing count to 5 and hit it, with no throttle and it starts
I do fuel and small filter every 21000km.It gives me no trouble, done 200,000km I use Cummins Fleetguard  filters, they are quite cheap compared with the genuine ones, and probably better quality
If anyone has a owners manual I could get a copy of for this model it would help as I have found that the w/s manual has a few things different
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should cover everything bar the engine and gearbox

http://www.mediafire.com/?nz1rbzzm8vt8d16

The Trooper manual will cover the engine and box.

Deceased

half

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:19    Post subject: side lights Reply with quote

Thank you for that ..This is a lot better for the body than my W/S manual. I am interested in looking at the wheel alignment tool as Mine is ok but I am wondering if there is a slight difference in models mine squeals on lock does not wear tyres but seems to want to sledge, on slippery ground
02Trooper777

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add ... Ignoring the 'dig' about complicated issues ... this thread WAS useful because on my Trooper a PO had taken a large chip out the edge of the plastic lens trying to lever the light out. When I went to the breakers there were two Troopers and one had exactly the same chip where another PO had levered in the wrong place and ruined the sidelight.
d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tip , came in handy this morning side goes out after 20 years use on way for mot , they just don't make them like they used 😊
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: