All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Radiator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:05    Post subject: Radiator Reply with quote

Hi chaps. (newbie here).

I have a Bighorn 3.1 LTD (1994) import. Had her about 5 years and love her to bits... never had any problems. However, yesterday the radiator sprung a leak and so I took it out and have another on order. My question is this;

The rad has the usual top and bottom water inlet/outlets but on the bottom at the rear of the rad there are two small pipes and when I disconnected the two thin rubber pipes I am sure that a small amount of OIL seeped out?

I assume this oil is sent around the system as a cooling method? .. but where does it come from? .. is it engine oil or gearbox oil? ... and although only a couple of teaspoons full came out how and where do I refill... if necessary?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Steve.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

sunty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr... sorry I forgot to say she`s a diesel 3.1 automatic.

Thanks.
boritz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunty wrote:
...I forgot to say she`s a diesel 3.1 automatic...

There's you're answer - the two small pipes are the auto-trans cooler built into the radiator. The oil is auto-trans fluid.

If the pipes continue to drip just raise the ends or temporarily plug them to reduce fluid loss.

Fit the new radiator, re-connect the pipes. Check the trans fluid level. If you only lost a couple of teaspoonsful you probably won't notice a difference.
boritz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

boritz wrote:
...you're...

Embarassed spelling - I meant your  Laughing
sunty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ha. Thanks Boritz for your reply. Much appreciated.

Great forum!

Steve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: