Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SPAM blocker - what do you recommend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flashman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 22:24    Post subject: SPAM blocker - what do you recommend? Reply with quote

How many of you using Windows have a spam blocker on your emails. How many of you recommend what you use. Anyone with a good one can they post please. I use CoffeeCup Spamblocker which is good but I have been told it is now passed its day and no longer supported. I need to find something else

pottytrain2  sign10

I'll snap it if I can
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 22:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been using Spam Bully for some time now with Good effect.
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got fed up of yahoo letting thru spam even tho the spam blocker was on,
using windows live mail at the mo, seems to be putting the spam into the junk folder ok, and i can check me yahoo and hotmail on the same page

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my Hotmail/live it does seem to do the job and asks about any attachments html etc even on emails you open that are not in junk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is due to the fact we run a couple of websites with email addresses we get EVERY nutter, spammer, junk mail operator in the world  zapping our e-dress. They then sell it on to the spam masters who send out **** by the bucket load. Our inbox can contain between 100-120 spam a DAY and that is a lot of SPAM  spam1  spam2  spam1  spam2 . The old system would bounce back the spam with an error message to the originator ten times. Did you know that 90% of the worlds spam is sent by less than 100 people.

pottytrain2  sign10

I'll snap it if I can
tarlachmoorhouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

flashman wrote:
My problem is due to the fact we run a couple of websites with email addresses we get EVERY nutter, spammer, junk mail operator in the world  zapping our e-dress. They then sell it on to the spam masters who send out **** by the bucket load. Our inbox can contain between 100-120 spam a DAY and that is a lot of SPAM  spam1  spam2  spam1  spam2 . The old system would bounce back the spam with an error message to the originator ten times. Did you know that 90% of the worlds spam is sent by less than 100 people.

pottytrain2  sign10

I'd look at moving to a hosting service that provides spam blocking as part of the package I've used  www.virtualnames.co.uk for 8 years now and even their cheapest hosting (£20 per year) includes spam filtering / blocking / tagging. We had one domain that was getting in excess of 400 spam a day and we moved them to virtualnames, switched on the spam blocking and it has been about 1 a day getting through since then and they aren't aware of any reports of false blockings.

Ta

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: