QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Oil,fuel and air filter, all done!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisuzu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 15:25    Post subject: Oil,fuel and air filter, all done! Reply with quote

Completed oil and filter change, fuel filter and air filter, had slight concerns about getting the oil filter off after reading afew threads on here but once i got it off (I used one of those 3 armed oil filter wrench things that tighten up as you turn it!)just pulled it back and was able to get it off pretty easy. Was well impressed, followed instructions from grandad(thanks!) and fuel filter changed no probs. Was sick of paying £100 - £200 on services and not really knowing what they had done or grade of oil they used etc so having read the threads on here gave it a go.

Just done 90 000 miles and never missed a beat in the 3 years i have owned it, will probably change oil every 5000 miles, other than the middle section of the exhaust that I had to replace to pass MOT not cost me a penny.  Fantastic vehicle.
Use it every day for work and back and also tow a caravan for holidays, 4 wheel drive got me out of a few muddy fields with the van on no probs.
Anyway, thanks to everyone on here for all the information on everything fantastic site

Cheers

Chris.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 15:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get your service kit off milners if so what size of oil filter did you use the 5" or 6.5" or does it not really matter, and what oil did you use. mines a 93 3.1 bighorn auto
Chrisuzu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes used the filter kit from Milners, with the 5 inch oil filter and just used the 10/40 semi synth from Halfords.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: