All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Spare a pound guv' ?

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

greasemonkey wrote:
Hi i have been a member since the end of 2006 - i enjoy the forum and i enjoy the chat - i am a lifetime member and shall renew this every year regardless of the 'lifetime' tag
i don't mind dropping some £'s in the kitty when i attend a meeting
However as a suggestion---
i do think that apart form the lifetime members section maybe those who have paid should have a yellow diamond next to their name on the forum - to show them as supporting members - the US VehiCROSS site does this - if you have paid to support the site your name is green -
---
i don't know what others feel but i like belonging to these exclusive groups and i like to see my name in green or have a symbol next to it etc - just an idea
----
i fully support Simon and agree with helping to fund this site - after all where else would i have so much fun reading about Isuzu's
cheers
Steve

i think that makes sense
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 21:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigcolbee wrote:
horse mad helen wrote:
Im going to be doing my life time memebership when i get paid at the end of the month

Ditto

horse mad helen wrote:
its just deciding on which club to become the lifetime member of ITOC or POCUK  Laughing  Laughing

Like there really is a decision to be made Laughing  Laughing

Obviously it will be ITOC Laughing  Laughing

my cheqe for membership will be in the post tomorrow  think ive had a free ride for long enough
helan your to nice for pocuk you know where you belong  Laughing
mark dale

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard wilkinson wrote:
Bigcolbee wrote:
horse mad helen wrote:
Im going to be doing my life time memebership when i get paid at the end of the month

Ditto

horse mad helen wrote:
its just deciding on which club to become the lifetime member of ITOC or POCUK  Laughing  Laughing

Like there really is a decision to be made Laughing  Laughing

Obviously it will be ITOC Laughing  Laughing

my cheqe for membership will be in the post tomorrow  think ive had a free ride for long enough
helan your to nice for pocuk you know where you belong  Laughing

errr ...  who's the daddy  ????!!! Laughing  Laughing  Wink

Mark " all marques" Dale  Laughing

Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Club stickers and LTM is a voluntary thing is it not? Simon has explained it several times in several ways, he cannot afford to keep the club(s) going, simple as. If Simon had the money I have no doubts he would have been carrying on as normal & being out of pocket without saying anything. Simon has asked if anyone who feels so inclined and a bob or two better off wouldn't mind dipping their hand in their pocket & chucking a few spare coppers his way to help cover his costs.

The insurance is set up, (as I see it), so that when members have a get together, they don't need to start trying to find extra PLI for the activities etc, if you don't want to go to an event, that is your call. As for being a Southerner, you have my sympathies, but that isn't really Simons fault. If you are suggesting you can't go on events because they are all organised 'oop north' then that is an argument I feel should be taken elsewhere, again, it isn't Simons fault that a few people from above the Watford Gap aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and organise a meet.

I can't see where the problems are coming from:
Simon has not demanded money off anyone
When donations have been mentioned it has been ITOC members that have made suggestions
Nobody is being forced to donate
Why is it that people can get together well enough (most of the time) until someone mentions money?

Big Colbee,
               Could not disagree with any of your comments..We give or NO ITOC Exclamation
And maybe us "down south" should get off our bottoms and help ourselves with organizing summat Smile
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats it. Just takes one guy to set up a green laning day or meet of some sort.
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

horse mad helen
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

:::Matski::: wrote:

"cough" or gal  Laughing ive done it 2 years on the trot now  Very Happy so if i can organise an event anyone can Laughing  Laughing

Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

horse mad helen wrote:
:::Matski::: wrote:

"cough" or gal  Laughing ive done it 2 years on the trot now  Very Happy so if i can organise an event anyone can Laughing  Laughing

Will be asking for advice Smile  Smile  Smile
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I think it's a pity Simon has had to come to us asking for money, given that he was sponsoring the Yellow Diamond clubs through his Ltd company, this hopefully doesn't reflect his own personal financial situation! But now that he has I'm more than happy to contribute - but not by renewing my LTM what will that do to the figures, I'm proud of the fact that I'm LTM number 42, I don't also want to be number 84, 196 ..... etc.  So Iv'e just bought myself a pair of lovely yellow diamonds at the bargain price of £25. Superb value IMHO given what ITOCUK gives us all, so much so that I'll probably be back before long to buy some more. Very Happy

As for the idea of a club membership fee, I don't see a problem with that.  While I'm all for helping other folk out where ever possible, there are a lot of registered users out there that contribute nothing to the forum and hence nothing to the knowledge base.  e.g. I'm the 1517th registered user,but only LTM n.o.42! There are a hell of a lot of people out there getting advice and information free, gratis and for nothing, what do they give back? Nothing!  Why not restrict visitors and non paying members to a limited number of forums on which they can read only, but not post, allow them to see what other forums are available when they become a member, possibly allow posting on a very small number of forums, this way they can "try before they buy" but if they want the whole ITOCUK 'experience' they need to part with a certain amount of cash. Whats the hourly rate in a garage these days? Twisted Evil
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

about £70 ph
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
about £70 ph

My point exactly Exclamation
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
about £70 ph

Shocked  really!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are cheap!!!! add about another £40 and you get what my place charge!

Anyway on topic... i get paid monday and i'm gonna pop a cheque in the post, was gonna do last week but with the radiator going it had to wait a week, i've not forgotten.
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you Kennymac. This forum gives enormous value - it should benefit from it too.

No one person, whether privately or corporately (I don't know what Simon's corporate self actually does, I'm afraid) should be bearing the costs.

I'd be happy with annual fees as I've already said.
Richardhw
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty certain that all the posters on this thread have made some kind of effort to do their bit, but it's the same names that come up time after time, (you know who you are Wink Laughing  ) the problem is to get the other users of the forum to cough up, I wonder if putting the post in all the technical forums would help?
I figure that maybe the folk who are asking for help are just doing that and have little reason for looking at the Small talk section so could be unaware of the situation.
Course I could be talking out of my  pottytrain1
and Kennymac's "try before you buy" idea sounds like a good one to me.

LTM. 000030
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO the Lifetime Membership fee is minimal compared to the information here online, thats before you take into account the cracking events, laughter and enemies friends you pick up along the way.
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a thought....What about you have to purchase a YD to be able to ask questions/advice in tech sections,that way people new to the site can still browse all the tech bits,but have to show some commitment to be able to post specific technical questions,normally answered by those who have put there mitts in their strides Exclamation
As I said .....just a thought..... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: