QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

diesel in oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlieman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 18:18    Post subject: diesel in oil Reply with quote

Hello, I recently bought a x reg 3 litre isuzu trooper, which I have been very happy with, until that is when it started misbehaving. First I noticed it was quite fumey in the front which I put down to a leaky exhaust, then it became harder to start, and finally wouldnt start when it was warm after being driven for some miles, then left to cool would be fine. I went to my local garage where I was told there were many inherent faults with starting, and to check the state of the oil, which was a bit high very thin and seemed to be diluted with oil, I was the told this was possibly due to leaky injecters and may need a new set which cost about £1000 plus labour. I then came home went on the internet and found your wonderful forum and learnt 2 things one I am not alone with this type of problem and two that isuzu could be sympathetic. There dont seem to be any recalls coming up when I checked so I assume a previous owner has already done them or there werent any for this particular model or age. I am not in a position to be able to afford this level of repair and was wondering if anyone knows whether Isuzu will replace the injectors or otherwise solve this fault which does seem to be an inherant one, on a vehicle of this age 2000 and mileage 94000.
Any advice appreciated before I contact Isuzu and plead my case.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 18:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a main dealer that you have taken it to? Diesel in the oil is a symptom of faulty injectors so even if it has had the recall they may have gone again, there is definitely some people on here that have had 2 sets changed by Isuzu.
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont drive it and contact Isuzu ASAP.
The injectors are a saftey recall and should be replaced for free, some people even got curtesy cars  Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: