Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

fuel filter change

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WIGLET

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 22:45    Post subject: fuel filter change Reply with quote

With a nice weekends weather promised I took advantage to give my 3.0TD Trooper an oil change and filter change for the first time, long , short and air filters all changed no problem but when it came to the fuel filter i could not work out if it was accessed from the top or botton and how you get hold of it to turn it any help would be apreciated please.

Ian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 22:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rallymarshall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

easiest way is to take the lot off, take the bracket off that goes around it then take the 2 pipes off then undo the 2 bolts that hold the housing on, easiest way to do it, did mine this way

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its the same as the 3.1, I took the 12mm bolts out that hold the housing on, turned it upsidedown bolted it back on  and attacked it,
Then I bolted the housing back on the right way, filled the new filter with fuel (slowly and tapping to remove air) then screwed it on  Cool
Swapping over the plastic sensor/drain in the process.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:

Swapping over the plastic sensor/drain in the process.

if its the same as mine it aint got the plastic bit, mine looks the same as an oil filter Wink

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even easier then, that thing can be a pig to remove  Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 23:05    Post subject: fuel filter Reply with quote

your not joking there mark i broke mine this weekend .

i was lucky i got one from breakers to get me going again . Smile

any one ever bought a new sensor & drain for a 3.1td ----how much are they ££££  ???

rallymarshall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

changed my fuel filter again today, chucked 20 litres of veg in with 60 litres of shell v power bout 3-4 weeks ago (havent used any for 3-4 months) and gradually been losing a bit of power, so got a new air and fuel filter (blue print) and changed them both today, wasnt much carp in the fuel filter but when id done them, went for a thrash and  its flying again, did manage to get air in the filter when i bled it and it was a pig to get going Embarassed
havent changed the air filter since i had it (2 years), just kept blowing it out with the air compressor, so i thought id treat her to a new 1 Wink

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you change the fuel filter do you need to fill it with diesel before refitting or does the fuel pump sort that bit out?  Noticed mentions of getting air in the filter so can anyone describe how to bleed?  Thanks
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can fill it or open the 10mm head bleed screw about half a turn  - its just by the pipes and pump away till air free fuel issues out.

3.0's are self bleeding once the gallery to the injectors is full  by hand pumping. Have to be because you cant get at the injectors  Laughing
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's a 3 - so does it self bleed when you get the engine going??  Never done a fuel filter before so apologies for dumb questions! Confused
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the filters full it will be fine  Wink
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

he who dares - i'll give it a go tomorrow. Ta Smile
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thought i'd have a go.  Got new filter on and now car won't start so I guess I need to get fuel in to the filter or bleed air out - how?   Confused
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asker answers own question - found the pump and bleed screw so after a bit of cranking he's up and running again! Very Happy
MrBrightsideUK1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 14:29    Post subject: Fuel filter Reply with quote

Old post I know but I don't see the point in starting a new thread, so I'm having some problems with my Isuzu bighorn 1994 auto irmscher and well i thought I'd take a look inside the fuel filter to see if there is any debris.

First thing I found is there was no fuel leaking out of little the line from my tank to my fuel filter (I did have suspicions that when I dropped the fuel tank off to clean, patch up holes, paint and then refit may have trapped some air bubbles in the lines which I'm not too sure how to fix So any help would be great).

Then I removed the 12mm bolts that was housing it and removed a 10mm bolt near the top to try and get the top off? (Just assuming) and I've tried getting some grips on the plastic bottom of the filter that has looks like a breather pipe and a cable (which was unplugged).

Any help and advise on how to remove the top and bottom to release the filter would be great, don't really know anything about much about cars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: