QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Nearly starts then dies 3.0TD 1999

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

uitblinker wrote:
Has anyone had black fuel in fuel filter? Question  Question

I think Eithan more or less answered that when you asked if you could get oil in the fuel?

eithan h wrote:
yes it can if the seals on the sleeves have gone

Presumably any oil that gets into the fuel and doesn't get injected gets returned to the tank and thus back through the fuel filter? I'd have thought you'd have noticed a drop in oil level though? Logically it would get blacker and blacker the lower the fuel level in the tank and then go clear again when you fill the tank again........  Might be worth observing - along with the sump level of course?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 16:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could also have a porous head
uitblinker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appologise for asking the question again, I understand there may be a chance it's to do with the injectors but no one else seems to have had this problem which is confusing me. All the people had their sump levels increase. I am checking the oil level after every time I run the engine which I dont at the moment. Please dont read any thing in my questions but I need to eliminate as much as possible due to no funds to pay a garage to strip engine. All my spare money went in to buy the truck.  Many thanks to all for your help and support and sorry again for being a pain. Regards Smile
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only places it can mix are the head if it's gone porous the sleeves if the seals are on the way out, the injectors, or at a push the high pressure pump.
they are all quite expensive though so are you sure it's oil and not just dirt from the tank?
uitblinker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to strip down and check injector seals as it defintly looks and smells like oil. If I remove the injectors can I buy just the 'O'rings as a kit? As the injectors were done on recall I am hopeing they are ok, if so will they need a tech2 or can I just refit them? I did a head gasket change on my old E reg petrol trooper so hopefully this shouldnt be too bad! To check the sleeves can this be done with the head in situ and can I replace just the seals? Will the problem be easy to see once injectors are removed? Do the seal split or just flatten? Sorry for all the questions but the more knoledge the better. Thanks guy's.
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

uitblinker wrote:
I have decided to strip down and check injector seals as it defintly looks and smells like oil. If I remove the injectors can I buy just the 'O'rings as a kit?

yes

uitblinker wrote:
As the injectors were done on recall I am hopeing they are ok, if so will they need a tech2 or can I just refit them?

you can just refit them with new seals but there is a procedure to follow regarding the torquing up of all the bolts

uitblinker wrote:
I did a head gasket change on my old E reg petrol trooper so hopefully this shouldnt be too bad! To check the sleeves can this be done with the head in situ and can I replace just the seals?

yes you can leave the head on but you will need a special puller to get them out without damaging the head and i don't think you can get the seals on their own you have to get new sleeves

uitblinker wrote:
Will the problem be easy to see once injectors are removed? Do the seal split or just flatten? Sorry for all the questions but the more knoledge the better. Thanks guy's.

unless the seals are unravelling or flat you won't see much wrong with them
uitblinker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info. Where is best place to buy seals from please? Are there any other problems which can occur durring injector remoal etc? When refitting do you lubricate the seals with any thing special or just some lite oil?
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

only get the seals from a dealer as they will be the latest ones. no problems with removing the injectors and just smear the new o rings with some oil
uitblinker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry also meant to ask, if I need to change sleeve rings are the pullers expensive or can I make something to remove them?
uitblinker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had sample of fuel tested at lab and it is definitly oil. Tha oil level on dipstick has gone down very slightly. Have taken car to garage as found out the injectors had been done last year but not sleeves/seals. I spoke to the engineer who has dealt with alot of these problems but has not come across oil in fuel. They are going to do the outstanding recall work and also check the injectors. i think the fuel/oil pump units are very reliable as I cant find any one having any probs with these. The only thing left could be the seal inside the injector on the popet valve alowing a small amount of high pressure oil into lower pressure fuel. Oh well hopefully they will find the problem. Many thanks for every ones help so far. I will let you know how things go.

Regards

Uit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: