Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

axle gearbox breathers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 17:32    Post subject: axle gearbox breathers Reply with quote

im going to extend my rear axle breathers because i have had water in there in the past and gearbox breathers, i never had problem on the front axle it is high enough already but will probably do that aswell .Being an isuzu nothing of the self as usaul but have seen some on eebuygum for lawn rovers cheap, does anyone know if these would fit the exsiting holes in the axles, i think the pipe in the kit should fit even if the lawn rover joint isnt the same also  where are the breathers on the gearbox.I will probably take a chance on the kit but thought i would ask here first incase anyones know if it will be no good or know of something better.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 17:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use micro sprinkler hose from b and q, 10m roll about £10 Iirc
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put it into the existing hose from the axle and secure with hoseclip, then just run it into the 1/4 panel behind body lamp.
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks where abouts is the gearbox breathers and are they the same size as the axles
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a sticky in gearbox/transmission bit of the forum that should explain it mate.
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen that post but the link is not working now
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off the 3.1 manual (haven't done box on 3.0 yet) I had the panel under centre console out to get to top of box, theres a cylindrical plastic fitting on g/box and t/box (covers the breathers) I pulled those off and used a bit of fuel hose to put onto where plastic bit came off (was a tight fit) then ran a pipe for each one to the bulk head, finished off with a coiled bit with the open end pointing downward.

Hope that makes some sort of sense!!?
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will look into that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: