4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Old Ground, New Member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomskidoodle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:35    Post subject: Old Ground, New Member Reply with quote

Hi All

At the risk of covering old ground, and having read as much as I can on this excellent site ( Laughing ). . .

I am looking to buy a Trooper 3.0, around 2001/2002 with approx 80k on the clock.  Provided that I find a suitable motor am I correct in assuming that I should phone IM to check if all recalls have been done?  If they haven't what should I do then?  Will Isuzu still pick up the tab for recalls and / or problems caused by them?

I'm not put off by the problems, but what to get everything straight before I spend my wad of cash!

Thanks for any advice  Confused

Tomsk
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give IM a ring and they will confirm if they have been done or not and if not they will help you arrange to get it done

They are standing my the trooper and have been putting right all the wrongs - sometimes you have a battle with your dealer tho
drmuir
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it was me mate i would look for something else , i bought mine brand new 2005 had it 3 years lost a fortune had my injectors changed 4 times then when the ecu failed i got rid for fear of any further failures , don't get me wrong great car when not in being repaired and i have to say IM were really helpful but in this current economic climate are they going to be able to contnue to meet the cost of new injector or might they pull the plug and leave everyone in the *beep* , anyway i cut my losses and bought a new nissan patrol FAB .
Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all down to personal choice, me i wont touch mitsubishi shogun/pajeros with a disinfected and bleached barge pole, but there are hundreds of peeps out there that swear by them despite all the probs they have.  I had a multitude of probs with my shogun before i got shot after spending in excess of £3000 and still no improvement.  I then got trooper, got the recalls done, have had it for nearly 2 years now and no probs.  I think its all down to how the car was previously looked after (or not).  I know someont who had a nissan with nothing but probs so its really down to personal choice.  However Isusu have stuck by the trooper and replaced not only injectors but the whole engine where the recalls were not done in time,  Name me one dealer/manufacturer that will do that no matter how many miles the engine has done.......
madmum
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question, how much would you be willing to part with for the right one? (and don't say as little as possible Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: