2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

bad starting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vectis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:41    Post subject: bad starting Reply with quote

hi i have a 1987 jap import 2.2 turbo diesel trooper and just recently been having starting problems.
from cold the glow plug light goes out imediatly , i have to crank the engine over at least four times then she starts (lots of smoke and rattling then settles down)
but then the next day the light stays on for about 6-8 secs then starts on the button. but from warm she starts ok.
cannot get a manual for this vehicle so cannot look up likely causes.
im guessing it could be a glow plug relay problem . but what does it look like ? where is it? and how do itest it?
by the way if you want cheap new alternators ive just bought one from hillmart for my trooper for £119 plus vat ( better than the £300 ive been qouted by other retailers.
and the are really friendly and helpfull , also they delivered it the next day, which is pretty good cos i live on the isle of wight and most people say they cannot do next day to the island .
any way any insight into my prob would be most helpfull....
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean 2.3 diesel, if so get the manual for the frontera (I think its the same engine)
I dont think its the relay thats faulty, they have a temp sensor that controls how long the plugs glow for.
BTW,, Welcome  Cool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 13:02    Post subject: bad starting Reply with quote

hi thanks for the reply any idea where this sensor is located
my engine is 2238 cc  c223 i gues that its classed as a 2.3
markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my mistake the very early ones were 2.2  Embarassed
I'm not sure where the sensor is as I dont have a mk1 anymore to go and look at  Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: