2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SERVICE REPAIRS IN NORTH WALES

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WIGLET

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 22:28    Post subject: SERVICE REPAIRS IN NORTH WALES Reply with quote

Hi all, does any one know of any service repair centres in north wales that will carry out repairs fault finding on Troopers as Threeways in Abergele are now refusing to repair any Troopers that they havent seen in their garage in the last 12 months and this could be a problem in the event of a breakdown as the next nearest dealer is 60 miles away

any contact info for mechanics would be appreciated,

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 22:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rallymarshall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would phone isuzu uk and tell them about threeways, they are an isuzu main dealer and shouldnt refuse to work on your trooper, there is another dealer in oswestry shropshire called royles but i havent been there so cant tell you what they are like,
i bought my trooper from threeways 20 months ago, and i wouldnt bother going there again

isuzu uk phone number is 01217474000
or
I.M. Group Limited
I.M. House
South Drive
Coleshill
B46 1DF
United Kingdom

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it a 3l by any chance  Evil or Very Mad  heard of a few that wont work on them unless they have 2

IM need to sort this unless there going to put tech 2 on sale to generall public
WIGLET

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is a 3l, i have spoken to IM and they said Threeways should repair it and they would pass on what i told them to the sales people, I have had the check engine light on the last week and found it was a vacuum pipe split but was a bit worried for a while due to no Dealer within 60 miles of my house, IM said that an ordinary fault code reader will find most but not all of the recorded faults but i believe some things can only be set up with a Tech 2 if it gets to the point where i cant start it and cant fix it local i will have to get rid and buy some thing with a decent local dealership backup
IsuzuTech

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello im interested in what you have put about threeways garage i used to work there and did most of the trooper work there. Message me please
WIGLET

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Isuzu tech
Yes i contacted Threeways just before christmas due to a check engine light and was worried it could have been serious, but i found a vacuum pipe had worked its way off, but they said if the vehicle had not been there for any repairs in the last 12 months they would not carry out any further work on it and said speak to IM for a another dealer, do you know of any other garage who will repair these local if needed, as the next nearest are shrewsbury and macclesfield

Cheers
Ian
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are you now isuzu tech
IsuzuTech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went into mobile service work and left that to join my mate in are own business just doing car servicing/repair and modification.
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

royles of oswestry closed down a few months ago so ive been told after trying to pyhone them and getting number outta use

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
mozref

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great, as I'm not sure if I would want to take mine back to Threeways, one in Oswestry shut then, having said that, it is about 60 miles away, what about Macclesfield, does anyone know of it? Anyone in Stockport area?

Threeways have said to me they don't want to touch another 3Ltr. Trooper.

I have heard today of a guy at Rhandir Garage, LL22 8BW, 01492 650449 (North Wales), he apparently knows and has gear for Isuzu's, maybe worth a try.
Twister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local dealers were in Chelford until recently, but they are no more, so I need to find a decent one too.

I've never used Rigby's in Macclesfield as I think they are fairly new.

I have heard good things about Warrington Isuzu, and the guy in the parts dept there seems pretty clued up, but they do advertise themselves as a commercial vehicle dealer, so how clued up they would be on the 3.0 is anybody's guess, but it might be worth a phone call.

I've been to Appleyards in Ashton u Lyne, and they are basically a long established Suzuki dealer that have just got the Isuzu franchise. Whilst they were professional they didn't instill me with a great deal of confidence. I'll probably use them for parts as they're local, but I wouldn't hand my motor over to them.

It seems in this part of the world that the long established dealers that would know the Trooper properly are rapidly being replaced by new franchises whose knowledge is limited to the pick-up range of motors.

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
mozref

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Twister, thanks for the information, might be worth looking at, I'm always up in the area, daughter still lives in Stockport and I lived there for 25 years before moving to North Wales, so you're not into the technical side of Troopers yourself?
By the way, love the Pink Floyd theme, brilliant band, No 1.

Moz
Twister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozref wrote:
so you're not into the technical side of Troopers yourself?

Erm, I wouldn't say that  Shocked .

Perhaps I should have said if I had to hand my Trooper over.....  Laughing  recalls etc...

There's only one person I truly trust to work on her these days, and that's me, but it is always useful to have a dealer that knows there stuff, just in case  Cool

-  PF

LTM # 000002
mozref

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Twister - I only made that statement on the basis that you maybe my nearest Trooper guy should I require assistance.
Did not mean to offend, perhaps I should have worded it better.
Twister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence taken   Very Happy ,  and my reply was meant slightly tongue in cheek  Wink.

I've just rang the dealers in Ashton to price up a coolant temperature sensor, and they can't find it on their system. He's going to ring Isuzu UK and get back to me  Shocked.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence  Rolling Eyes.

-  PF

LTM # 000002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: