4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Immobilizer problem - 3.0 1999 Citation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 20:15    Post subject: Immobilizer problem - 3.0 1999 Citation Reply with quote

Anybody know how to see what causes P1631 - immobilizer wrong signal received at ECU to be put up when the immobilizer says correct transponder  key
and signal sent ? Tech II readings.

The wire has continuity between the immobilizer and the ECU.

Think it has to be a new ECU ?  Confused

Other symptoms - no check light ,no glowplug light,no supply to Tech II from diag socket. Engine will turn over  but injectors disabled ,rail pressure at 0%.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 20:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andrewthomas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

As no expert, i would check the power to the ecu such as the fuse. Ive read the brake light fuse is also the ecu feed. A moderator will explain in more depth im sure.
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECU plug  J 3  reads - Pin 1 11.98v  -  Pin 2 11.97v - Pin 3 ground 0.0023 ohms - Pin 4 ground 0.012 ohms. Pin 5 - scales in miliamps +/- no fixed reading.

Dont think its a ECU supply problem more of a serial bus /command issue.
Got 5vdc + on J1 3 and 4 in the red plug upper part  which is in spec but can pin 7 here have a value ? is it the upline from the immobiliser ? bit stuck now  Confused
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is an ECU job there is a guy that advertises in eebuygum who is based in Derby who will recon yours for <200 supposed to be guaranteed to fix as well
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

defo check that brake light fuse as it feeds the main relay as well as tech2's diag socket which is normally the problem when tech2 won't power up from the car
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

12v on pin J2 -10  at the ECU so that brake light fuse circuit is ok .

Got 12v on J1 -10 too so all feeds in are ok just the outputs are off.

Going ECU change I think here .
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you got it on a battery booster at all and what year is it?
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 3.0  manual Uk car and no booster just the batterys charged up.
The reason I think its an ECU fault is that if the immobilizer (from techII  -body- data display )says its active and alls ok no DTC,s and the engine cranks over but wont let any injection oil pressure build its like half a signal is there cos it should not let the engine crank if the wrong signal P1631 is received at the ECU.

Also if Tech II is powered up off the ciggy socket when the ign is on the check light comes on then starts to flash at 2 second intervals which is an immobiliser circuit fault I think but could be the ECU reading it wrong .  Confused
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should crank over i think it's just the ecu won't enable the injectors if the immobiliser signal is wrong, if you clear the code does it come back?

it does sound like the key needs to be coded does it have 2 keys on the keyring?

they are a bit weird i think it's the 3.0l that if you start it on a good key and switch off then straight away start it on a non coded key it will still run, they have a timeout thing built into them where it has to be off for a certain amount of time like 10 secs before it will read another key for starting.

i've not had to replace any of the immobiliser system yet i don't think on a 3.0l so i'm surprised it's giving you problems whats the story with it did it just not start one day or did it die when running?
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF.... Shocked
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's odd because you have everything where it should be is just the fact it won't start?
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was brought as a long standing non runner . would think it just died one day and not been sorted since.

It has the two original transponder keys and a working fob but the ignition barrel has been changed and only a mechanical key works it. One t'key is taped to the aerial ring and tucked under the dash,oddly the t'keys still fit the door locks  Confused

The check light only comes on and flashes when tech II is powered from the battery direct ,this also enables #2 ECM feed relay which allows cranking . no power in the DLC socket pin 16 at any time otherwise.

The only DTC that is present is the ECU saying wrong im signal ,if I clear this it comes back sometimes with no signal received  but mostly wrong signal received.

I cant see any loom damage nor any attempts to bypass stuff.

Tech II shows correct keys are present and correct transponder signal sent.

From reading the manual it seems that there is an uplink and downlink between the im and ECU and both these wires have continuity.

When cranking tech II shows that the rail oil pressure is at 0% which the manual says is correct  if the ecu gets no correct signal from the im but the im from tech II readings  says alls well start is enabled  !

Thats what leads me to think the ecu is at fault internally . I want to get the 4 digit security code and disable the immobiliser function just to see that it is the ecu.

Thats a handy to know about the im not giving troubles Eithan - thank you.

Wont start and no glowplug light,check light or cranking till powers in the DLC is the main problems.

All thought and comments welcome  Smile
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you read from the tech2 what does the batt voltage read?

are you using the mechanical key or the other transponder one?
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the mechanical one as its the only one to turn the barrel.

11.9 to 12.01 v .

Will stick all tech's figs up for you today -    hoping you see a thing there I have missed  Smile
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent can you do it with it cranking though?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: