Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Immobilizer problem - 3.0 1999 Citation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok from Tech II I have the following sets of data.

Under 1999 - Diagnostics - trooper,amigo,jackaroo,powertrain,4jx1 engine going from the top;

Dtc - read by by priority -  P1631 present P1626 not present. not been any snapshots taken .

Data display - Engine speed 239 rpm -  whilst cranking.MIL light - on. Diagnostic request - active 0v.battery voltage 11.

Injector status - disabled. ignition status - on.rail oil pressure - 0.1mpa.ect - 9 c.idle switch active

rail oil pressure control 0%.glow time  lamp - off. glow time relay - off. Injectors do respond to click test.
       Ecu -  part number  - broadcast number and code match those shown  by tech II

All other readings are in spec according to the tech II guides.

Diagnostics - powertrain - body - immobilizer - show dtc's by priority - no dtc's present . data display- ignition on 12v - Transponder status - ok . immobilizer relay - active . immobilizer signal -  sent ok.transponder key 1 - programmed ok. transponder key 2 - programmed ok .engine request - received .part number of im matches that shown by  tech II.

I will pic and post these too.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 21:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

was the rail oil pressure control reading taken with the engine cranking?
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all those are from cranking . If I take the white wire out the plug and put 2l extra in its still 0% at the control valve and I have swapped it for a know good one . Whole pump assy that is .
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should have a reading from the control valve of something like 22% or something like that and after about 10secs it should go up to about 99% as it's 0% this is why theres no oil pressure or injectors enable. now the ecu controls this and i can't find anywhere else it can be linked to the immobiliser unit so that coupled with the p1631 code you got says it is the ecu at fault, i think it's ignoring the input from the immobiliser that says all is ok is there any sign of oil in the ecu plugs?
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the plugs are all dry mainly due to it being stood so long. I had thought that as the barrel had been changed  then maybe the ECU as well if whoever did it did not know there was a seperate immobiliser . Now is the VIN  number part of the ECU memory ? , must admit I have not compared them (vin on tech II to the plate ) to date .
I know from previous troopers the check light will flash if you swap ECU's and dont reset the im function and it will crank over but not start .

The trooper manual I have is British Trooper Models  1998 - 2002, under section 10 immobiliser it says that if the wrong tp key is used then no start is set by ;
No starter operation - no rail oil pressure at control valve and no current to injectors . Is that about right ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh so the ecu may have been changed then? that would explain why it's ignoring the immobiliser, you can check the vin no. in the ecu but i can't remember if it has to be manually put in or if it is set in at the factory you will have to look but there is an option there to check it.
also you should be able to clear the ecu and make it virgin again but your only supposed to be able to do that on the vehicle it is programmed to i've never had to do it yet though. but if you can then you should be able to reprogram everything back in but you will need the security code to do it
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Eithan , I  will be going code and reset route if can pursuade Mr proven to part with it  Smile
Will  post  the results  -  when there are some !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: