All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Isuzu Recall - Engine replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve-barnes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37    Post subject: Isuzu Recall - Engine replacement Reply with quote

I have  owned Isuzu troopers for years and have found them to be a very reliable motor until purchasing the latest heap of *beep*.  Evil or Very Mad ( Insignia DT LWB Auto.) I have had nothing but problems with the vehicle from electrics to T.O.D. and it has cost me £1,000's. Please be very careful if you have any mechanical breakdown warrantees, check the small print.

The latest major problem was the engine. Luckly for me, the local garage owner made enquiries with his contacts and found out that it should have been recalled due to the fuel injector.

The engine was replaced with a reconditioned one and a new timing belt. It is now back at the main dealer's garage again as the vehicle has started to vibrate. The local garage checked for loose bolts etc and they where ok.

Is this yet another problem associated with the engine or is there something else that I do not know about. I thought it might have been down to the timing, but that could have been sorted out there and then.

Has anybody got any ideas as to the cause, as the garage has had the vehicle for more than a week and I have not had any phone calls to advise what the problem is.  Question

Cheers

Steve
Onee chessed off Trooper Owner
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engine balancer shafts out of phase or a flywheel problem starting .
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Engine balancer shafts out of phase or a flywheel problem starting .

Presumably if it's balancer shafts it would have been like it from the first time it was fired up?

How wobbly can the flywheel get before the crank sensor loses interest?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: