QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hydrogen-on-demand.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigtrooper

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, that was supposed to be a sarcy comment, i have actualy built three home made kits now on three different engines, one was a 106 1.5d, one was a transit engine (old non tdi 2.5 bench lump) and a very very old diesel generator.

HHO on demand gives with one hand and takes away with the other.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 22:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made 3?? was you bored and fancied making useless things  Question

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtrooper wrote:
lol, that was supposed to be a sarcy comment, i have actualy built three home made kits now on three different engines, one was a 106 1.5d, one was a transit engine (old non tdi 2.5 bench lump) and a very very old diesel generator.

HHO on demand gives with one hand and takes away with the other.

browns gas generator.

you dont get something for nothing.  you use more energy to produce it.

what browns gas does is to help burn the fuel you use more efficiently. gives you a bigger quicker bang. so you end up using less fuel to go further.

there is a big downside. because you use less fuel, the goverment gets less tax. and that cant be good.

in order for a hho generator to work proper, you need to get the maths right. i have 3 cells on my car. 1 cell for every litre of engine. not enough cells you dont see any benefit. to many and you produce to much.

petrol engines need a little more tinkering to get right. diesels love it.

there are many skeptics. its very much a marmite thing. honda have develped a car with a hho generator. hho is very big in america. over here people think youve got a bomb in your car, laugh at you and walk away.

i was a skeptic, two of us have been messing with the idea for a bit. we didnt make the kits ourselves we bought them from someone who fits them. mine cost £130. and im now converted. still early days, it works better on a run. over 40mph and the troop seems to want to just go.

im going to run the cells for 12months and then see what effects its has on the car. and i will if anyone is interested share my information on here.

and just to add. its not that long ago, people laughed at you if you drove a diesel car. diesel was cheap and dirty. now every one owns a diesel.
bigtrooper

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i tried them just to see what the hype was about on eebuygum etc.

From what i can tell, it puts far too much load on the alternator to produce any mpg or power gains, and more importantly, its the o2 and the water vapour that actualy aids combustion, the hydrogen escapes through the inlet trunking (porus, hydrogen particles are silly small) and has virtualy no effect on efficncy.

better off just pluming in steam into the inlet lol Laughing
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats water injection and that does work  Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day we might see our beasts able to be converetd to a hydrogen/oxygen fuel cell, the research is progressing steadliy, motivated in part by the Advanced Energy Initiative in the States.  I think it's going to be while though, 10-20 years before we see any significant amount of Fuel Cell powered vehicles on the road.
Built on love, fuelled by gasoline
Just drive, we're gonna go for a ride.....
(Black Stone Cherry, 'Just Drive')
H2MAN

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 0:27    Post subject: Hydrogen on demand Reply with quote

As I new to this forum let me firstly declar that I am a manufacturer of Hydrogen on demand systems for heavy transport, I have also built systems to fit 4X4s.
I have watched this thread for some time and felt that there needs to be some clarity bought to the subject.

Firstly, by drawing 12v and 20-30 amps from your electria system you are creating about 300wts of heat, in most small H2 systems this will cerate steam, and whatever you are using as a catalist (Baking Soda?) will travel into your motor on the steam. This will cause damage in the long term. As for the concept of the H2 system using more energy than it creates please try and understand that a diesel motor wastes a large amount of fuel on every firing stroke, by adding a small amount of H2 you are now extracting the energy from all the fuel in the combustion chamber. Also by the nature of the compleet burn and the fact that it all happens at 13 deg past TDC the exhaust temprature will be cooler.

The systems that I build have electronic control moduals so as to produce exactly the right amount of H2 per litre of fuel, because of the control systems we produce only 75 watts on a truck system, the energy we take from the motor is 1/8 of a HP the give a result of 12% better fuel consumption cooler motor and because of the compleet fuel burn a much cleaner oil sample as the soot particulate is not left in the motor.

most of the cheep systems on the internet will work to some degree, on a 4 cyl motor you will need to have about 8-12 amp draw to produce enough H2 for that motor.
as I have Government Data to suport not only the fuel reduction figures  but also emission reductions of a combined Co2es of over 50% and hundreds of heavy transport companies dat to varify my findings.

H2 man
TheElliotts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 17:18    Post subject: hydro Reply with quote

hi there is one trooper out there that i know of and he is on the forum, i will be the second shortly and i will post the results.we have a big horn and depending what i am doing and what tyres i have on i get around 25-28/gal.with all that i have read and the kit i have settled on i am quite sure that it will make a difference.just to let you know i have some knowledge in this field now and would not consider this if it was not aviable propersition at around £130 for three cells producing 3lts/min.this will give you more grunt and burns the fuel more efficently.ref to power used the system runs on 12v and has a 10amp fuse in its system so it does not use a lot of power to run it,like having a mobile phone or in car tv's plugged in so i will post the results in a few weeks from now.  Very Happy
cai876

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

A litre of hydrogen contains about 10kj of energy. To put this into perspective diesel has is approximately 30,000kj per litre.

Tyres 265/75 R16 BFG MT KM2
Suckin' Veg Oil Baby!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: