4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

rant at traders....lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Isuzu Dealers / Motor traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swiftytroop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 20:49    Post subject: rant at traders....lol Reply with quote

ive got my trooper up for 2200 fair price very clean car,9 months mot left on,dont think im being very unfair on the price going by the autotrader. its got a big mileage but its got 60 odd on a new engine and turbo, receipts and full service print outs of everything thats been done to it...

So these car dealers moaning they aint making any money.. is it any surprise when you only offer rock bottom prices for good motors,
i was going against a mitsi galant vra with 80 on the clock, 93 miles away so was gonna make then journey...
SO WHAT DID THEY OFFER ME FOR MINE  ???????

"WE WOULD NEEED YOUR TROOPER AND 1400 AGAINST A Y REG GALANT"
THEN THEY QUOTED THE GUIDE BOOKS .
RECKON A 99 WITH 85K IS  BOOKING £875... JOKERS AINT THEY CHAPS....
I WAS EXPECTING 1500 AND GIVE THEM 500.. WOULD HAVE LET IT GOP FOR THAT BUT NOT 600 QUID....

RANT OVER !! LOL OH AND I ASKED A DEALER BY ME THAT I KNOW AND HE SAID 2500 FOR MINE IS NOT FAR OFF A GOOD PRICE !!!

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 20:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jimmie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 21:12    Post subject: Re: rant at traders....lol Reply with quote

swiftytroop wrote:
ive got my trooper up for 2200 fair price very clean car,9 months mot left on,dont think im being very unfair on the price going by the autotrader. its got a big mileage but its got 60 odd on a new engine and turbo, receipts and full service print outs of everything thats been done to it...:

To be honest a lot of the Troopers on eebuygum and Auto trader are not selling unless there at a bargain price. With the way the economy is, nobody is buying, especially big 4x4's. Also the problem is the 3 litre has got a pretty bad repetation for it self due to the amount of problems they have had, hence the reason the garage offered you £875, at least they will take it in exchange, a lot of the garages near me will not touch them.

I paid £1100 for a 97 3.1 Diesel with 98000 on the clock, 10 months MOT and 12 months tax, and that was in November.

Its not just 4x4 that are suffering, I traded in my 99 Golf gti a while ago, and only got £1200, I paid £4500 2 years ago.  Sad
swiftytroop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

id rather try and drive it off a cliff for that price, cus you know a trader gonna put loads on it. do they honestly think we were all born yesterday?
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 22:41    Post subject: Re: rant at traders....lol Reply with quote

jimmie wrote:

Its not just 4x4 that are suffering, I traded in my 99 Golf gti a while ago, and only got £1200, I paid £4500 2 years ago.  Sad

paid nearly 12 thou for our peugeot 2 year ago, traded it in against the astra we just bought, £7500 Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

up for sale in the dealers for £8695 Rolling Eyes

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh but your forgetting about the things the dealers have to put on the car to resell it, we have to add a £600 warranty with any second hand cars we sell plus we have to sort out any bodywork within reason of course prep it re mot it the list is endless.
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

our peugeot was spotless when it went in, and it had 6 months left on the manufacturer warrenty, and most of the damm thing had been replaced Laughing

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Isuzu Dealers / Motor traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: