4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

servicing in Sheffield area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 18:48    Post subject: servicing in Sheffield area Reply with quote

Just got my Trooper back from having new injectors and injector sleeves on recall and it's brilliant.  I read a few posts about people experiencing lesser performance after injectors had been changed but mine is better and the engine seems alot smoother.  Anyway, whilst at the dealers I enquired about servixing costs and was told that it's between £200 for oil change and £600 for full service.  This seems bl**dy expensive so was wondering if anyone knew a good place to take it to be serviced in or near Sheffield.

Thanks in advance!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 18:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

200 Sovs for an oil and filter change!!??

Strike a light!! That is indefensible..............  

You've GOT to find somebody cheaper than that! I know I'm a cheapskate but I pay about £60 all-in, I reckon.

I'd suggest you try Vauxhall for their 5W/30 engine oil, get your filters from Milners and find an independent guy who's happy to just charge you for his labour. Might not match my £60 but I bet you can get close. Wink
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with the price of the service kit from Milners and am going to be doing oil changes myself - I was thinking of major services.  I guess it's wise to have these done by a professional but 600 squid seems extortionate.
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still reckon you can find a worthy independent who could save you a bundle on the major services.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: