2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.2 petrol non starter backfiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monument7

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 17:19    Post subject: 3.2 petrol non starter backfiring Reply with quote

Help,
I did a 250 ml run in my Trooper running on LPG and all was fine. It has been cutting out occasionally on both gas and petrol but something I was living with.
Anyway after the run I parked it up then about an hour later tried to start it but no luck and it was backfiring though the air box.
Is it possible for the timing to have slipped and is it connected to the cutting out problem.
Any af you guys have an idea of where to start.
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 17:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi which 3.2 engine - the old or the new - if the timing has slipped it would be a first for this engine - the belt is tensioned using a hydraulic piston
Is it possible the plugs or dizzy are playing up - leads are a favourite on the older model - coil packs on the modern one
regards
Steve
monument7

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
This is a 1998 model. I'll play around with leads and coil packs as theres a 4x4 breaker nearby.
Thanks
Dave
DYLAN

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree ht leads will cause this or when on lpg air leaks in the hoses(sucking extra air in) will do the same thing.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm '98 - so it should be like mine then - single coil packs for each plug- no leads?
cheers
Steve
monument7

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 15:06    Post subject: monterey misfire Reply with quote

Hi
I changed the spark packs and it fired up straight away with no misfire but then cut out and will not start. As it starts up on petrol I can rule out the gas side of things.
Any suggestions welcome including scrapping the effing thing.
The local breaker we had has shut up shop so no easy feat getting to another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: