2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trooper 3.0 recalls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KP

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 15:01    Post subject: Trooper 3.0 recalls. Reply with quote

Hello from a New Member to ITOC.

I have been looking to buy a 4x4 such as the LWB Trooper with  Manual gearbox.

My other choices include a Mitsubishi Shogun, Nissan patrol or terrano or even a Landcruiser, again LWB and manual gears.

How would the Trooper compare in relation to the above mentioned alternative 4x4's?.

Does the trooper have difflocks or a limited slip diff?.

I think I have eventually found a suitable Trooper at a fairly reasonable price.

It is an X registered trooper abut has the 3.0TD engine and has done @ 90,000 miles. It has 12 months MOT and 6 months tax remaining.

I am very wary though having read some articles regarding the 3.0TD engines seizing up.

If I buy this vehicle and it happens to need the recall work, are Isuzu still carrying out the Recall Work free of charge please?.

How can I tell whether the recall work has been carried out and then if it hasn't how do I proceed to get the recall work done?.

Thank You

KP
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 15:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you call IM (number in Recall Section) with the VIN number they will tell you whether it has had all the recalls done
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.  I'm new to Trooperland but have recently bought a 2000 3.0.  I phoned my nearest dealer and asked if recalls were up to date.  They asked for reg number and told me straight away that it was overdue injector check.  This was done and injectors and sleeves were replaced FOC.

As far as I can tell, the 3.0 engines are okay if they are well maintained and have had recalls done.  Touch wood mine is brilliant!

Can't help with comparisons to other 4x4's but i'm sure some more informed guys will advise soon enough.
KP

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning.

Thanks very much for the replies.

It is reassuring to me that at least if the recall work hasn't been done that Isuzu will carry out the work free of charge.

Not many manufacturers would offer this free recall service.

Thanks again.
bertilson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Does anyone know if there are some recalls for cars sold in Germany?

I have an -00 3.0 Trooper imported from Germany with some engine issues.
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would need to speak to isuzu europe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: