4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Interested in a rodeo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex123

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 22:34    Post subject: Interested in a rodeo Reply with quote

I am considering swapping my trooper (3.0) for a rodeo in near future, will probably be looking at used 1 - 2 years old, however notice there are 2 engine options available 2.5 & 3.0, looking for feedback as to which is better option (performance, economy etc), also how practical is rear load space (double cab) as I am a self employed joiner and carry quite a lot of tools around, any feedback would be appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 22:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the 2.5 common rail with the Prodrive power upgrade... VERY handy for towing large-ish trailers! Some of the earlier 2.5 motors were a direct injection and lacking a little in the power department, then the 3.0 direct injection came along ... good engine but chuffing noisy! Finally they have released a 3.0 common rail which as far as I can tell is the most powerful.

I bought mine in june last year on 24K and its now done close on 42K ... driving is easy and fuel economy is good (28-30mp round town, close to 39mpg on the m'way when cruising around 68mph).

One thing to watch on the earlier models is the shift motor on the transfer box... make sure its shifting in reasonable time cos if they havent been used they can sieze up.
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall zip up my Flame suit now......

We have a 55 plate 3.0TD Rodeo Auto here at work that one of the Directors tooled around in.
I must say it is a Hateful thing - it is neither one thing nor another in my humble opinion, and by FAR I prefer the Trooper - mine being a 2001 Citation.

From a Seating postion, the Rodeo seems to me to be almost car like and not upright with the high commanding seating position seats of a Trooper, you perch on - rather sit in them like the archair style of a Trooper - the squab is small and as it is car like in your legs are stretched out. You end up sort of slouching.

The cabin is not as spacious in the in the from the drivers seat position and whether it is the AutoBox on the Rodeo we have, or the different type of Engine to the Trooper, it is a sloth - when you press the accelarator it just creates more noise without much more forward headway !

4x4 and Pickups and alike are not performance cars I know, but the whole driving of the Rodeo I find as a odd disappointing experience almost every time I get in it !

HTH or Sorry.

Delete whichever is not applicable !
jady2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 2003 Rodeo 3litre and love it. Purchased 2005 with 30k miles and now 78kmiles on the clock.  I'm getting average 32MPG.  Built a house last year and as far as useful carry for joinery was concerned I prefered my old vectra with the roof rack!  Carry gold bricks ok but anything with bulk is a pain so get a van!
The Rodeo does have a really good seating position, visibility is ace and the turning circle is far better than the vectra in tight situations.  Frankly it's a touring and towing vehicle not a carrier.  I've since replaced the vectra with a ladies shopping car . Yep the Rodeo is noisy and yep it's maybe slow off the mark, but the she will be run till she drops
jonathan63

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Rodeo is a very good vehicle i have had my one since nov 2004 i had it new it is a 3.0l auto with most of the uk isuzu accessories and some from other isuzu markets , i got it as i needed one vehicle instead of 2 as i needed it for my work and to go out in and pull my horse,, i am in the motor trade and had been recormending the vauxhall brava pick up to my customers for years evern though i worked for another pick up maker ,so when i came to me buying one it had to be a new isuzu denver rodeo ,i get about 40mpg  and it goes well enugh  for me ,it is a lot better with shell v power diesel in ,it is the only fuel i will put in it , my customers use the same fuel as well
leew914

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have today just picked up my new 2.5 common rail to replace a 56 plate 3.0.  The 3.0 had the benefit of being auto, which is only availabe on the top end model this time round, so I now have manual.  The 2.5 is quieter and more responsive.  Definatly a car like feel with the benefit of the load space in the rear.  I dont have any knowledge of the Trooper so I cant compare, but this is the 2nd in a row for me and you can't beat the price for a like for like pick up from new.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: