Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bighorn install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Hoban

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 19:26    Post subject: Bighorn install Reply with quote

The front speakers in my troop were dying so I decided to replace them.

I installed a JVC head unit a few months ago.  

I have put Fusion 6.5inch 300watt ones in the front just fit behind the original covers, tweeters in the corner of the doors (pre installed wiring) and in the back Sony Xplod 280watt 6x9's.

I must say the sound is now amazing and i am really pleased especially as the sony 6x9's cost me £18 off eebuygum never used and never out the box.

Its strange but all the rattles in and around the car seem to have disapeared!!!!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 19:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking to upgrade my system, where did you mount the 6x9? Also where do the tweeters connect to, it seem as you say the wiring is there on the speaker end, just wondered how the other end got it's feed. Cheers.

LTM 24
James Hoban

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the wiring is pre installed,

Tweeter wiring is: where the wing mirrors are in location, inside the door there are plastic triangle covers (bottom corner of the window closest the dash). Pop this cover off and the wiring is already behind. I made the required holes in the triangle cover, mounted the tweeters and re fitted the cover.

Front speakers are 5.5inch as standard I think but I managed to get slightly larger ones behind the original covers.

Rear 6x9's are in position of where the rear speakers would be if installed (either side of the rear door behind a removable grill same as fronts) all the wiring was pre installed again, I had to cut out a small amount of the original surround to get the 6x9's to sit in the recess but the sound is now much better.
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying you replaced the little ones in the rear pillars? That's interesting, do they sit ok, never thought of doing that.

LTM 24
James Hoban

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the ones in the rear pillars.

When you say do they sit ok, 6inch or 6.5inch round speakers would have fitted straight into the standard holes.

I made a surround out of thick rubber so although they protrude about 3/4 of an inch this gap is filled buy the rubber I used, to be honest they looked ok protruding slightly but I thought it would just keep them cleaner and stop dust getting to them.
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ta, muchly.

LTM 24
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: