2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

non starter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
borgian

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:51    Post subject: non starter Reply with quote

Hello to all the good isuzu samaritans!

2003 isuzu rodeo 3.0 di turbo automatic.

Have been driving the van as normal last month and suddenly i feel loss of power.I turn the engine off for 2 mins and start again as if nothing happened.This happened about four times.The other day went to start,engine turns over but wont start! i try again after one hour and engine starts but cuts out after 10 seconds and would not start. diesel reaching past all fuel filters but will not *beep* up to injector. took car to isuzu and they say that they have no software for the engine as it was made in thailand!!
help any clues?
I will post photos of car and details this eve.

thanks a lot
Ian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the banjo bolt on the fuel inlet to the pump the uk model has a filter in it that gets clogged up, if thats clear then i would be getting the pump checked out as they do play up. have you got a check engine light on? if so theres a certain code that relates to lack of fuel flow which confirms the pump needs cleaning out.

what part of malta are you from? i'm over there in september visiting the inlaws
borgian

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:37    Post subject: isuzu 3.0 di turbo Reply with quote

Hello Eithan I see you are the most popular here!Thanks a lot for your help.I will check that as soon as poss ! i go to the local garage today as i left it there.They are as baffled as i am as they said they never saw my type of engine before!They said that most prob its a GM vehicle with an isuzu badge as isuzu dont even make leather seats apparently! i thought it is the same 3.0 di turbo like the trooper but they said its not! they are waiting for a reply from thailand today regarding software. I live in Gharghur ,its a village close to Naxxar. My partner is english and funnilly enough we are going to Derbyshire next week to escape the heat!
I have to go take some pics of the engine maybe you can recognise what it is.

thanks again!
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

post them up or send me an e-mail and i'll do it for you if your post count isn't high enough
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this Eithan....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_D-Max

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep thats the one i thought it might be
borgian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:50    Post subject: ISUZU D MAX NON RUNNER Reply with quote

YES THATS THE ONE! Mine is the top silver one.tried to post an internet photo to my profile but no luck!do you know how to do this?or i can send it to you via email eithan?Been at dealer for a week now and no luck yet!really thought that its the same engine as the trooper!why do they make so many engines puzzles me! Thanks again for all your help Shocked
borgian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:59    Post subject: Re: ISUZU D MAX NON RUNNER Reply with quote

p.s so my engine is the 4jh1-t.any idea if that is the 2.8 that came out on previous isuzu models but suped up to 3.0 litres.?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: