All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Monterey will not let diagnostic to read ECU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monument7

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 17:46    Post subject: Monterey will not let diagnostic to read ECU Reply with quote

My Monterey will still not start.
It's really wierd in that if it stands for a few days it will fire up then immediately cut out not to even start again.
Checked and have spark and fuel so assuming it is the crank sensor but dont want to be throwing money at it so had two different people try to diagnose problem but it will not let them read the ECU.
If I don't get any definites I will change the crank sensor as a last resort before knacking it ANYONE WANT ANY BITS ( gas conversion fitted ) and finally where is the sensor situated.
Thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 17:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need the Isuzu 32 bit card in a tech II other OBD stuff wont work , if its fires up when the key is in start but wont run it could be a number of items .

Can you say the year and model ?
monument7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gribble
It is a 1998 Monterey Diamond 3.2 petrol / LPG. REg R202 WOE (woe is me)
If it's left to stand for a day or two it will start then cut out immediately and not start again. I thought it was a vacuum in the tank so released the filler cap but made no difference.
As I said previously it had cut out a few times before this but started again fairly quickly so whether or not this is part of the same problem I don't know.
Dave
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an ECU fault there , any check engine light on or possibly somebody bin trying a booster pack starter ?
monument7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's defo not a booster pack problem but the battery has had to be removed to charge since its been stood.
I will look tomorrow to see what lights are on or off.
If I got someone with the tech2 32 pin thingy would this show up the error codes.
Cheers
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will and crank it over with it plugged in to see what else occuring on the data display mode not just the stored  DTC's mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: