QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Borth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> C & C sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yintong5

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 20:03    Post subject: Borth Reply with quote

If you love the unspoilt beauty of a one-horse Welsh costal town, for me you can't do better than a few days at Borth.
North of Aberystwyth and with far better beaches than the more southerly Clarach bay, Borth is a lovely pace to unwind and do nothing (unless you like a spot of Golf - rather rustic compared to St. Andrews though).

The main sites are:

www.brynrodyn.com
www.sunbourne.com        (Swyn-Y-Mor)
www.park-resorts.com     (Brynowen)

the second 2 cater mainly for holiday homes/static caravans, Brynowen take a few tourers and Swyn-Y-Mor take both tents and tourers, both have club facilities and (I think) swimming pools.
As the beach heads south it comes to an abrupt end as the low cliffs rear up and on the hillside is Brynrodyn, it too has a clubroom; rather a big modern one these days but it's beauty lies in the excellent view North over the bay which is, for me, about as good as it gets.

Penycraig Farm Caravan Park is next to Brynrodyn, takes a very few tourers and also commands a lovely aspect.
Out of town towards Aberystwyth is a pretty campsite www.glanlerrycaravanpark.co.uk

See, no excuse not to go.

Oh, and if you want a swim and are not on one of the campsites with a pool, I'm pretty sure you can pay to use the one at Swyn-Y-Mor or it's sister site Glan-Y-Mor at Clarach bay just down the road.

Most of the spring/summer there's usually a car boot sale/'Sunday Market' so if you (like me) enjoy strolling around other peoples tat, there's something for Sunday mornings.

Not to forget, of course, Borth's best feature: the sand dunes at Ynyslas, just northbound out of town; curving into the Dyffi estuary you can lie for hours and just get burnt before popping back to your chosen site, maybe walk into town and sample the nightlife at the few pubs/restaurants: mind you, last time I did that I almost ended up in a fight, but I think that's just me.

Happy Camping
Stu.

Ps. Google Earth it or look up on the BBC website 'where I live' or some such thing - they even published a couple of my photos: nice chappies.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 20:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> C & C sites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: