All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

out in the lakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bighorn96

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:46    Post subject: out in the lakes Reply with quote

Hi all i have got my first 4x4 lwb bighorn i live in the lakes any one going out around the lakes who could show me the ropes of going off road thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and my mates go over to ulswater...camp down at pooly bridge quite often in the summer but it may not be till august now as my july wk end's are booked...but next time i'm going over i'll pm you maybe meet up

dont no any lanes over there but it wont be hard to find out  Wink

the only one i've been on is a place called hodge close there are a few lanes round that area and quite gentle for the beginner
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been recommended this one and am hoping to try it out next week whilst I am up there.

If you want a lane that you can take all the family onto, no risk of damage (other than driver error) No trees or bushes, bit of water, bit of mud, but mainly just a rocky track in fabulous scenery, it has to be the Old Coach Road. Its a long lane, and you could quite easily spend a couple of hours traversing it. Take a picnic and enjoy it.

Get youself an OS map. The Coach Road is up to west of Ullswater. Go over the Kirkstone pass from Windermere and turn left at the A5091. At the pub in Dockray, turn left. This arrives at a car park next to a wood, go through the gate ahead and follow it over the moors.

If I could work out how to post an image I have a map of it
bighorn96

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for replys as soon as i can get a couple of issues sorted with my bighorn i cant go off road so i need some help i have done a post in the electrics section if you would like to try and help thanks
horse mad helen
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive done The Coach Road its a very nice lane,there is quiet a lot of good lanes up that way Smile

hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

horse mad helen wrote:
ive done The Coach Road its a very nice lane,there is quiet a lot of good lanes up that way Smile

well there you go ...... if a mitsi can do it a trooper should have no probs  Wink  Wink
Mick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this in a email from Lancashire and Cumbrian area glass rep

Unfortunately the Old Coach road in the north of the lake District NP has suffered again and a bad hole has developed in the surface making it impassable without causing further damage to the surface. I’m hoping to get Cumbria CC to do some repairs ASAP.
Could everyone please avoid this lane until further notice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: