Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

recall work done - far from happy - have coolant diesel mix!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pastorsmokey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:12    Post subject: recall work done - far from happy - have coolant diesel mix! Reply with quote

Amazed at recall work done by Isuzu - investing in a 10 year old vehicle.  But i've kept it during my ownership very well.  Maintained when needed, had new brake hoses & power steering hoses this year etc. etc, so am pleased they share my love of the truck, which does everything i need & more.

Finally got around to booking it in to have the warranty work done at my nearest dealer - 100 miles away in Devon - Ashbuton Motors.  They obligingly changed the injectors, turbo etc same day & i drove home without problem.  When i got in my hubby spotted that i had coolant pouring out all into the engine bay from the overflow at the top of the plastic coolant tank.  He assumed that the garage had overfilled it & drained some out back to the recommended level.  Didnt think anymore about it & went to work yesterday.  Got to work & found it had done it again - but wondered how had the coolant tank filled again until i stuck my finger in the liquid & found it was largely diesel.  Rang garage to complain - they said "unlucky coincidence" & that my head was likely cracked - happened on the way home apparently!!!  I think not.  Engine not overheating, everything seemingly ok apart from this.  Wonder what process is used to remove injectors - anyone know?  How could my head have cracked?

Now have completed wrecked car.  I have done some 122,000 miles in this, all without mishap, only went to Wales in it last week, and i refuse to accept that this is an unconnected 'mishap'.

anyone any thoughts?  am gutted.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The garage has to warrantee the work they have done

Tell them you will take them to the smalls claims court as it was find before you took it in
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats sucks! Did they give you receipts for the work they carried out?
Im glad i read it as im in Devon and need the injector recall done (for the second time) and had a choice between Vospers here in Exeter (who dont seem that helpful as it took 3 days of pushing them just to ring isuzu just to check there was a further recall) or Ashburton motors...chose Vospers just as they where more local although was thinking of using Ashburton to reset my orps - maybe not now.  Sad
Seems our neck of the woods doesnt have any decent respectable isuzu dealerships  Rolling Eyes
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd wait for Eithan/Gribble/TopVaux's comments on this,they'll give you the best route to take.... Wink
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and by the way i would certainly ring IM and explain the situation to them and maybe try and get a contact for the main isuzu rep/agent or whatever that overseas our area.
The more you speak and shout out about it the more likely you will be heard, lse you will just be another unhappy customer who dissapears into the woodwork.

Do you know if this was your troopers first injector recall or second?Isuzu/IM should be able to tell you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for injector sleeve seals, it makes total sence if it happened as you say.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky moanalone is  on the money I rekon ! A  tech has nicked an O ring on the injector sleeve when changing it or used an old one .

Sleeve should be pulled out with a special puller that just sits in the holes in the sleeve, injectors just slide out with care .

If you get a poor reception from the garage when you suggest that they may just have caused the fault ask to see the sleeves being pulled so you can look at the O rings  Wink

If you had gone in for diesel in the water and changing the seals (properly) did not cure it then it could well be a cracked head but once the injectors are out an radiator pressure test will pin the fault down .

I would ask that the garage pull the injectors then put 14psi into the rad , you will soon see whats at fault then !
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa hold fire you lot!

were the sleeves changed? if not and it was injectors only then the original sleeves would not have been touched, whilst it is possible to nick an o ring when installing the sleeves which can then allow the diesel and coolant to mix if you nick an injector o ring it will only mix oil and diesel.
it may have been down to them disturbing the injectors which if that is the case then it is a coincidence but if they did change the sleeves as well then they have most likely either nicked or rolled an o ring and they need to be sorting it out for you and remember the rubber hoses will swell up so you need to change every hose on the engine.
markyyyy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 13:00    Post subject: coolant diesel Reply with quote

Hi. I had exactly the same prob about 3 years ago ( coolant tank overflowing/pressurising  diesel mix etc even circulating coolant back to the fuel tank!).I was told by the main dealers chief techy it would be a cracked head( inside so could not be seen) so i replaced it with a brand new one which had new injector sleaves already fitted. Crying or Very sad  To my dismay i still had the same problem Crying or Very sad At this point after i stopped crying i decided to remove and check new injector sleaves by making a puller to draw them out without taking the head off again and low and behold two off the sleave rubber o rings were squashed out of the recess's in which they should sit (hard and flattened to the sleave side ).   Very Happy  Just what i was hoping to find. Since replacing these seals with some a local bearing and seal agent located for me ( note top and bottom seal dif sizes) the problem was rectified and has been fine ever since.At least i have a spare head!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: