4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

non starting 2.8td

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphadynamic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 17:16    Post subject: non starting 2.8td Reply with quote

Hey Folks,

I have an old 110 land rover, with a 2.8td Isuzu, and while it was bought as a toy for me, with the credit cruch, it looks like it will have to be my main vehicle for a while...

Anyway, I am having a bit of a problem getting it started. When it was starting it would sometimes loose power, and on turning the engine over, It would cough a bit, then produce loads of blue/white smoke, then start.. now it just wont start at all, I have bought and fitted a new fuel filter, and It will cough a bit, but not run.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I am not what you would call the most mechanically minded person.

Tried to get a manual, but to no avail.... so any help or tips would be cool..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 17:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the fuel lines/tank for air leaks, check the glow plugs to make sure they work as a start.  Try bleeding any air out of the fuel filetr and then the pump.  Theres a (i think) 17mm nut in the middle of all the injector pipes on the back of the pump, crack it open and pum the hand primer on the fuel filter until just diesl comes out.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Philp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh also try temporarily putting a bit of clear (fuel proof) pipe in after the filter so you can see any air bubbles in  the fuel, that'll show you if you have a leaky fuel line.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
alphadynamic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info... found out it was a knackered Fuel Filter housing, the hand primer was drawing air... all good, a wee bit smokey though. (been idle for about a year)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: