All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Injector removal on 3ltr?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Injector removal on 3ltr? Reply with quote

Whats the crack on removing an injector on a 4JX1 engine?Are any special tools required? (not sleeve just injector)

Had mine on the tech2 today at the local isuzu dealership and rough running is shown as no3 injector at fault.  Crying or Very sad

I know new injectors need reprogramming etc.
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

they do so don't even think about changing them yourself!
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explain in a bit more detail please?So does the sleeve need pulling with the injector etc?

After my truck was at the local dealership for 3 weeks just for them to tell me it now didnt come under the injector recall despite initially saying it did and the fact it was given back to me with the intercooler balanced on the top with no bolts holding it on and as soon as i drove it 100 yards up the road the intercooler pipe falling off for some reason ive lost interest in my 1 and only local isuzu dealer..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The injectors come out easy  no pulling needed  do them one at a time  but dont let the oil into the bore (drain plug in the rail ) or take the whole lot off with the rail but  drain the fuel off from the inlet first and the main trick on refitting is new copper seals and to torque em down as per the manual but to set the new ones up requires tech II  as the ECU needs to know the change has been done
The injectors have to be done as a set just doing one is a waste of time  and money all round .

Are you sure its not still  warranty with IM ?
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatly not Gribble hence why ive been on the mission to find what exact injector serial number the recall goes upto.
They where done on recall in 2006 but they where replaced with "newer" serial numbers than the cut off point.

Its only 1 injector playing up.Ive got a new copper seal and o rings so i just wanted to pull that individual injector 2 inspect it not that i can do to much as i reckon its an internal o ring gone bad as its not opening on tickover and then underload appears to be over dieseling an chuffing out dieselly smelling smoke out the rear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be the electrics in the top part that have gone wrong you won't see anything at all, i'd find another dealer personally
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

No seals inside  the injector as they are a  metal to metal lapped job more like the nozzels cooked off  but the copper seals worth a try .

If its only on 3 pots the gearstick will flap a bit at idle and smoke uge when you drive it.
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
No seals inside  the injector as they are a  metal to metal lapped job more like the nozzels cooked off  but the copper seals worth a try .

If its only on 3 pots the gearstick will flap a bit at idle and smoke uge when you drive it.

Yup you got the gearstick movement and smoke urge correct.
Check out this article and the o ring on the internal piston  Wink
http://www.datazap.net/sites/Australia4WD/Forum%20Articles/4JX1Injectors_Article.pdf

Unfortunatly Eithan the only other dealer within any "sensible driving distance is 50 miles away and recently gave a forum member back there truck after having had the injector recall filling the water system up with diesel.
Even my local isuzu dealer let on they pull the injector sleeves with a modified slide hammer  Shocked after there isuzu tool broke!

Im now in the quandry of £1000 truck needing a new set of injectors and fitment and tech2 programming and spending what the trucks worth on it or try a few things first.
Ive rebuilt many an engine (cars and bike) so i would like to think im half capable although as we all know this engine is slightly different.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting about the seals but if yours has the small one gone it would be diesel in oil and you would see the washing effect from the exhaust ports on the faulty injector  I would think along with a rise in oil level.

Not sure how you go on from here to be honest, if it was me i'd be into Watson Diesel in Wimbeldon with one and ask if they could do anything with it  -  thats if International Motors have said no to your 3rd set. As eithan said another dealer seems your best route even if its a long way to go since they may have a different view on recall cut off points.
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well IM have refused as i did try.It was IM in the end that gave me the serial number cut off point and refused the recall so i dont think going to another dealer will get me anywhere.Plus with the actual problem i dont fancy a trip of 125 miles on 3 cylinders and overfueling injector washing the bore.

What Eithan said got me thinking tho as the injector shows up as being at fault wouldnt it be the electrical side of the injector as a faulty seal wouldnt show up on a tech2 read would it?

I can get a single recon injector for £150 but then i cant see how the tech2 side would work as a] its obviously not a matched set and b] how would you even know what to program it to as in lean/strong injector. I dare say it would come with a flow rate but matching that to an isuzu code may still present a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech II does whats called a click test which fires the solenoid and makes an audible click so you can hear its working and when the engine is running it can cut off the signal to each injector in turn so you can judge if it makes achange to the engine note.

Depends which test the garage did .
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Tech II does whats called a click test which fires the solenoid and makes an audible click so you can hear its working and when the engine is running it can cut off the signal to each injector in turn so you can judge if it makes achange to the engine note.

Depends which test the garage did .

Yup i know they done a test via turning off 1 injector at a time which im assuming is the click test you suggest and turning off no3 injector made little difference pinpointing no3 as the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

good ol' red one!! i didn't think that was still going it's that old it's got the original cut off point still, hmmm wonder who his overseas contact was Rolling Eyes
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL i had it in one of my favourite links after thinking its one of those things somewhere in time you know you may find it useful-like 3 years later!
Not that im complaining as i was half expecting it to have dissapeared a long time ago...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant click test with the engine running  Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: