2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Recall numbering for 2004 SWB Trooper Commercial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonGreenOnly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 20:49    Post subject: Recall numbering for 2004 SWB Trooper Commercial Reply with quote

Hi Chaps, excellent forums which I guess you know.

Newbie in terms of recalls though. I've got a 2004 swb Trooper Commercial - 38k on the clock. The third I've had from new. We used to run Land Rovers but got fed up with the alternate arrangement where we had them one week and the dealer's workshop had them the next.

Our trooper felt like it needed a service (which was just due) and whilst posting a 'wanted' on the site for a rear bumper and lamps (small mishap) read a few of the scary engine recall posts. Checked with the very obliging Arian at IM and was told a couple of recalls including IZ 05? for injectors were outstanding. Registerd from new at our work address we had received nothing from IM or DVLA nor had (Izuzu) dealer flagged anything during regular service visits. Adrian expalined about checking the oil.

That night after brimming it with diesel for a longish trip the old girl suddenly fell sick - no power and a little smoke under acceleration. At home less than a couple of miles away I checked the oil to find it halfway up the dipstick - horror!

Next day recovered (by me) on a loader to the dealer who said hey ho - never mind, lets get the injectors on order but couldn't understnd how the recall had been missed?

Two things please chaps:

1. Will new injectors put the old girl back to square one? and
2. has anyone posted a list of recalls? - i.e. their IZ numbers at dates issued?

Sorry if this has been covered before but there's such a mass of recall info that I don't know where to start first.

Any help appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 20:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite simply the dealer didn't do any checks when it had been in for servicing,

the new injectors will cure the rising sump level unless it's sleeve seals as well so still keep an eye on it
DragonGreenOnly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan, thanks for the reply. Dou you think the engine will be ok after they've fitted the injectors? - in other words will it have suffered through running it with diesel in the oil?
Thanks
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

it can damage the engine quite badly i.e scored bores, melted pistons, bearings can pick up as well all due to the lack of lubrication because the oil has been watered down with the diesel. unless you get it totally stripped down and inspected theres no real way of knowing until something actually goes. it might be that if they change the injectors and it still misses then it may need an engine which fingers crossed isuzu might pay for as some on this site have already had.
hopefully though it's just the injectors and you will be up and running again soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: