2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Red "Check" Light flashing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linmagic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 15:07    Post subject: Red "Check" Light flashing! Reply with quote

Hi there, just recently bought my second Isuzu.  I have a petrol V6 3.2 manual Isuzu Trooper which I was going to sell but find myself holding it onto it a bit longer.   Very Happy  

My new (to me) is a Isuzu Bighorn 3.1 TD Automatic, an entirely different beast.  It drove well coming back from Scotland but now when I put it into 2wd the green axle light starts flashing and then a red Check light comes on.  If I change to TOD, the light goes off.  Any ideas?  

Also, there appears to a leak from the fuel tank, is this a known fault?  

I also need to get new wheel centres for the alloys and although I've looked on eebuygum, I can't find anything that looks like the 3 that I have, oh forgot only 2 now because I drove over one yesterday when we were testing the new brake pads.   Rolling Eyes

Lin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 15:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi first thing is to make sure you have TOD - does it say this on the left of the dash
if it does and you have the 'check' in red then you have a front axle fault
most likley the vacumn hoses or the shift valve has siezed stopping the front axle disengaging
which is why its fine in TOD mode
you can drive it in TOD with no harm at all - mpg goes up a tad though lol
i do have the check codes for the TOD if you are interested and the vacumn pipes and motors are ok
cheers
Steve
linmagic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve

It does say TOD on the dash.  Can you let me know the check codes and what I do with them too please?  And where would I find the vacuum hose/s and valve that I would need to find and check as well please.  It not only says Newbie on the profile but should say "absolute novice" when it comes to cars!  However, have a very handy assistant!

Regards

Lin
greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi when the check light comes on it should flash the fault code to you

should be simple to diagnose now
cheers
Steve
linmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, thank you so much for your post.  I drove to work this morning (yesterday was spent replacing all brakes and checking and filling up tyre pressure) and car was perfect.  Drove smoothly in 2wd, no flashing axles or red check lights at all.  Of course the radio console turned over and wouldn't come on.   Laughing  Oh and the aerial has stopped working too but the car is good!  Fingers crossed it stays like that.
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

The leak from your tank is probably coming from the metal fuel lines on top of the tank which are very prone to corrosion. If so, you will not be able to fix this without removing the entire tank. To be honest, if this is the case it's probably a false economy to try and repair it, so for peace of mind and ultimate benefit to your wallet, I would personally factor in for a new fuel tank.

If you do go for a new tank, make sure it's fully protected in this area before refitting, i.e. Hammerite and then copious Waxoyl.

There is plenty of history on this fault within the forum if you do a search..

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
linmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon

Once again, thank you for the reponse and I will make sure I read up on the forum and take your advice on the new fuel tank.

Lin
Razz
greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi having different tyre pressues can cause the TOD to throw up a check light - it really is that sensitive
regards
Steve
linmagic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

You have made my day by confirming that!  I can now go home (or even phone right now) and say I told you so!  I must admit being right does feel very good and I shall enjoy this moment.

Lin

Twisted Evil
linmagic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

I'm back again!  And the check light is back again and now it has a friend!  The POWER DRIVE warning light is now glowing on the dashboard just under the speedo.  I'm wondering if this car is a lemon and everything will go wrong with it.  OR are the two lights related?  I have all the codes you sent me but no idea how to "see" the fault codes.

Help!   Embarassed

Lin
greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power drive is activated by the power drive button - next to the winter button
you need to access the odbII socket and bridge the pins

cheers
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: