2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Speakers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdf mart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 19:37    Post subject: Speakers Reply with quote

I have read that JBL manufacture some speakers that will fit the existing pods, 6" up front and 4" in the back. Now, the market is flooded with 6½", typical. So does anyone know any updates to the previous threads about this? I don't want to hack my doors about and would ideally like to update the existing speakers as they have best part disintegrated!

Cheers for any new suggestions.

Mart.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 19:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some JBL'S to plop straight in the back, whether it was worth it is another matter, though I'm still on the standard head unit to be fair. I believe the 16 cm Jbl will fit the front doors quite easily, have a rummage in the ice section, you may get some numbers in there.

LTM 24
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i've said in your newbie post i've ftted some ALPINE ones front and back into exsisting mounts with only the slightest bit of trimming on front speakers ..............forgot to mention did have to drill a couple of new holes in metal panel but there's more than enough room for that

the front alpine speakers i got had a variety of mounting hole so was easy to place in and drill new holes

pic below so you can see what i mean.............not sure if all speakers come like this ..but it helps

Last edited by hillbilly col on Mon Sep 14, 2009 21:05; edited 1 time in total
sdf mart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result. I'll have a look in the local ICE place tomorrow and see what they have. I used to have Alpine gear in one of my old cars and it was good stuff! I don't think I can handle halfords without losing sanity, it may be localised but my cat has a higher IQ than any of the staff there.
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdf mart wrote:
Result. I'll have a look in the local ICE place tomorrow and see what they have. I used to have Alpine gear in one of my old cars and it was good stuff! I don't think I can handle halfords without losing sanity, it may be localised but my cat has a higher IQ than any of the staff there.

with a bit of for sight i removed old speakers 1st and took them with me so i could measure them up againd display models
because like you say i didn't want to confuse them with questions .....like will they fit  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Philp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I managed to fit a set of 6 1/2's in with just a couple of holes to drill.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
AlexRaj

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fitted new Clarion speakers in mine and they come in 6" and 4" just a couple of holes to drill but speaker does stay solid on 1 screw
rich31td

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fitted some JBL GTO 628 which are a 160mm speaker. The GTO627 are the same size but a bit cheaper.

Not a simple screw in job though, had to remove door card so I could get the speaker mount out to trim it then had to trim the door card.
Easy enough with a stanly knife.
parishi123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got some JVC CS-HX438s and CS-HX638s £55 the lot on eebuygum (new) they slot right in and you can fit the original covers too.
Dogwagon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just measured my pioneers at 16cm, they were quite deep and out of my old Golf Mk2, just needed some of the plastic removing from the door recess behind them and they fitted without much hassle. They stop just short of the window channel at the back and the front mounted tweeters just (and I mean just) clear the plastic front shield.

Sound excellent and would sound better if I hadn't stored them so close to my workbench scattered with metal fillings :0
cronos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

parishi123 wrote:
Just got some JVC CS-HX438s and CS-HX638s £55 the lot on eebuygum (new) they slot right in and you can fit the original covers too.

I've just today replaced all four speakers in my 94 Bighorn SWB and decided to follow parishi123's advice regarding these JVC speakers.

I can happily confirm that they are a straight fit, and no butchering or modification is required ......6's in the front and 4's in the back.

I bought them off the Bay and had to use two seperate suppliers but got them for a bargain just under £43 for the lot including postage!

Here are the links....

http://www.eebuygum.co.uk/itm/110886368713?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.eebuygum.co.uk/itm/120883787485?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Wilky88
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but what do the jvc's sound like? Would you recommend them?

I'm not expecting the sound quality to be as good as the Bose setup I had in my audi, but the standard set up in my trooper is pretty rubbish
cronos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilky88 wrote:
Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but what do the jvc's sound like? Would you recommend them?

I'm not expecting the sound quality to be as good as the Bose setup I had in my audi, but the standard set up in my trooper is pretty rubbish

Unless you are an audiophile, the JVC speakers are more than adequate as regards sound quality.

However remember you are in a Trooper, and will have much more background noise and vibration to marr your audio experience than in an Audi.  Smile
Wilky88
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good enough for me then  Very Happy  I'll get a pair of 638 and 438 ordered now.

Oh I know there's a bit more background noise in my trooper but I can rely on it to work and get me where I need to go, rather than leaving me at the roadside or driving 20mph in limp mode cos the DPFs playing up AGAIN
Wilky88
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a pair of 638's and 438's the other evening for my trooper. The only place I could find them was Autosounds (£57 posted) or from the states on eBuygum which worked out expensive. Autosounds have just come back to me, there's going to be a delay on them as the 638's are coming from JVCs warehouse in Belgium. They have also advised that the 438’s are no longer available and have offered Kenwood 1064 instead. I'm assuming this should be ok, as the depth isn't as stringent in the back due to not needing to keep clear of the window motor?
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: